Riki, Winchester called today

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
Riki, I had a call this afternoon from Winchester, VA asking about lodging for students on 2-week rotations at a hospital 10 miles from me. She told me what rates they were quoted so far and since they are talking January, I cut that by $5 with juice & coffee unless cooking for other guests anyway. Offered up my 2 that share a bath.

Super! Are they medical students? You may have a doctor in your area who is started to take students for their clerkships. Once they use you and you are reliable they will keep sending you more kids.
Ours are generally okay behaved, so long as they have internet access. It's nice if they have access to a fridge for storing snacks too.
Good luck! This might become a regluar thing. We also tell the B&Bs that if they need the room for the weekend to send the kids home for those days. I don't know if the school you are dealing with will do that though.
Riki

Super! Are they medical students? You may have a doctor in your area who is started to take students for their clerkships. Once they use you and you are reliable they will keep sending you more kids.
Ours are generally okay behaved, so long as they have internet access. It's nice if they have access to a fridge for storing snacks too.
Good luck! This might become a regluar thing. We also tell the B&Bs that if they need the room for the weekend to send the kids home for those days. I don't know if the school you are dealing with will do that though.
Riki.
I offered the 2 rooms that share a bathroom. Keeping my pvt bath for regular rate - I do get some over the winter.
They are on a rotation at the hospital 10 miles north of here. I told the lady who called we are 1 block from the route that the hospital is on - it is about a 15 minute drive, direct shot. They get on 19 and get off at the hospital driveway.

Riki.
I offered the 2 rooms that share a bathroom. Keeping my pvt bath for regular rate - I do get some over the winter.
They are on a rotation at the hospital 10 miles north of here. I told the lady who called we are 1 block from the route that the hospital is on - it is about a 15 minute drive, direct shot. They get on 19 and get off at the hospital driveway.
For sure keep them in the shared room so your room with bath is free for regular guests! Good job!
RIki

Back