Robe sizes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
Do you buy only "one size fits all Large" robes, or do you get some XL and XXL sizes too?
The way Americans are swelling up, it may not be as easy a decision as in the past.

I had "one size fits all" when I opened. My "shake-down cruise" informed me one size does NOT fit. Yes, she IS a wide load. I then bought a few 3X for each room. I have since "up-graded" my robes and now have 2 XL and 1 XXL in the closet of each room. The tinier the guest, the bigger the robe they choose to wear. My robes are by Suite Repose - they make them to order - and 1 robe IS an order. I was able to choose the color of the outer shell AND the color of the inner lining.

I bought 'L/XL' robes. Unless you are going to offer a selection or ask people when they book or measure them when they arrive, this size definitely seems to 'cover' a lot of area. No one has complained. (And I get complainers.)
I would look for mid calf length rather than short or long.
I got colors and one off white one per room. So, the robes match the rooms. Pink & white, green & white, blue and white. No mixing them up if it's friends traveling together and the guys seem to like the idea they don't have to wear a pink robe.

We have 1 size, but the robe we use is very generous in size. Seems to fit everybody except the extremely large.

I bought 'L/XL' robes. Unless you are going to offer a selection or ask people when they book or measure them when they arrive, this size definitely seems to 'cover' a lot of area. No one has complained. (And I get complainers.)
I would look for mid calf length rather than short or long.
I got colors and one off white one per room. So, the robes match the rooms. Pink & white, green & white, blue and white. No mixing them up if it's friends traveling together and the guys seem to like the idea they don't have to wear a pink robe..
I will say that unless you are a really thin person, the robes I have make you look like a giant (pink, blue, green, white) teddy bear. They are 'plush'.

Back