"Robert from Google"

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeartOTexas

Reaction score
I had been getting calls from a Robert from Google (phone number was 800-826-9988) who claimed that he could improve my rank on Google. He left me about 4 voicemails and sounded more and more frustrated each time. It was like he felt like I was wasting his time! I had never reached out to Google before either!
I asked my internet marketing company about it and they told me that it's extremely unlikely that Google would be calling because it would be a conflict of interests for them if they said they could improve my rankings (since I was competing with other inns in my area for rankings that they could service too and up the price for all of us). They also told me that these companies can sometimes record the calls, change up the audio clips, and make it sound like I agreed to use them. A pretty questionable practice if you ask me.
I just wanted to let everyone to look out for Robert from Google!

I checked the number, it actually appears that it is Google Adwords. If someone from Google calls, ask for their extension and call them back. They won't mind.

When in doubt, use Google to find out! I just type in the phone number and use this website to see what other people are saying:
http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-800-826-9988
Google will not call you. They do email and they do send snail mail. But they don't call. (You need to have dealt with them somehow in the past to get an email or snail mail, they don't cold call.) Google has more money than God, they wouldn't be 'upset' if they couldn't get your $60/month, too!
The people calling you are trying to sell you adwords, which is a Google product (all those paid ads that show up on the side and top of the organic results).
You can do Google adwords yourself. You don't need to pay someone to figure out which keywords would help you put in an ad, Google does that for free.

When in doubt, use Google to find out! I just type in the phone number and use this website to see what other people are saying:
Google will not call you. They do email and they do send snail mail. But they don't call. (You need to have dealt with them somehow in the past to get an email or snail mail, they don't cold call.) Google has more money than God, they wouldn't be 'upset' if they couldn't get your $60/month, too!
The people calling you are trying to sell you adwords, which is a Google product (all those paid ads that show up on the side and top of the organic results).
You can do Google adwords yourself. You don't need to pay someone to figure out which keywords would help you put in an ad, Google does that for free..
I've actually received calls from both Google Adwords and MSN Ad Central that offered phone help on targetting ads properly.

You can do Google adwords yourself. You don't need to pay someone to figure out which keywords would help you put in an ad, Google does that for free..
I've actually received calls from both Google Adwords and MSN Ad Central that offered phone help on targetting ads properly.
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Did you already have an ad set up or was this a cold call?

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Already have ads set up. With so many negative keywords sometimes I wonder how the heck I show up at all. :)
I'm very targetted with the ads. I followed the clicks and figured out that certain countries were clicking for a profit and then sometimes I was showing up when people were looking for other things. So I have a long list of negative ads, countries chosen, areas, etc.

I checked the number, it actually appears that it is Google Adwords. If someone from Google calls, ask for their extension and call them back. They won't mind..
Web search tool showcasing (sem
) is a manifestation of Internet advertising that includes the advancement of sites by expanding their perceivability in web index results pages (Serps) through streamlining and promoting.

I'm afraid I get a lot of these calls, promising to get me of the first page of google, I had one yesterday. They usually make it sound like they work for Google, when they don't.

ANYTIME AND ANYONE WHO CALLS YOU....FORGET ABOUT THEM!!!!
Do not answer, if you do hang up immediately.
We all KNOW about RObert and a zillion others just like him.
DO NOT BE GULLIBLE!!!

ANYTIME AND ANYONE WHO CALLS YOU....FORGET ABOUT THEM!!!!
Do not answer, if you do hang up immediately.
We all KNOW about RObert and a zillion others just like him.
DO NOT BE GULLIBLE!!!.
Then there is also Rachel at cardholder services. Let's not forget her!

My response to "Robert" last week was, "I know you work for a third-party service provider and you want me to purchase your services to in an effort to increase my ranking on Google. We are not interested. Please take us off your calling list". He was quiet for a moment and then just said, "Yes, ma'am."

My response to "Robert" last week was, "I know you work for a third-party service provider and you want me to purchase your services to in an effort to increase my ranking on Google. We are not interested. Please take us off your calling list". He was quiet for a moment and then just said, "Yes, ma'am.".
K9 said:
Please take us off your calling list".
If only they would!

My response to "Robert" last week was, "I know you work for a third-party service provider and you want me to purchase your services to in an effort to increase my ranking on Google. We are not interested. Please take us off your calling list". He was quiet for a moment and then just said, "Yes, ma'am.".
They will also sell your phone number for revenue.

They will also sell your phone number for revenue.
watch movies online free streaming
This have been popular in the past that film streaming display many websites for free. Some movies sites require monthly membership for a very minimal fee.Depending on the size of the users to recover their value.

K9 said:
Please take us off your calling list".
If only they would!
I'm dotty for your best article writings and contents auspiciously. private claims adjuster

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Ha! Hadn't thought of Eric Arthur in a long time! Wonder what ever happened to that joker ;-)
Nothing like reviving a post from 2012 to take me down memory lane.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Ha! Hadn't thought of Eric Arthur in a long time! Wonder what ever happened to that joker ;-)
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
thumbs_up.gif
Right! I was like, "Oh look! KN is back!!!!!!! Oh and Madeleine!!!!! Wait a minute, when was this first posted?!? As for Eric Arthur, last I heard, he's out cruising the world with no thought of us!!!! I heard that Jon Sable might be with him. But that might be pure gossip…..

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
thumbs_up.gif
Right! I was like, "Oh look! KN is back!!!!!!! Oh and Madeleine!!!!! Wait a minute, when was this first posted?!? As for Eric Arthur, last I heard, he's out cruising the world with no thought of us!!!! I heard that Jon Sable might be with him. But that might be pure gossip…..
Somewhere in the Bay of Bengal at the moment, having gone through the straits of Mallacca.

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
thumbs_up.gif
Somewhere in the Bay of Bengal at the moment, having gone through the straits of Mallacca.
Generic said:
Get out! Really?

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Arks said:
Madeleine said:
Eric Arthur Blair said:
thumbs_up.gif
Generic said:
Get out! Really?
From what I hear, but some of the other innkeepers on here are also on his facebook friends, so they may know. I think they passed Sri Lanka and are on their way to India now. By the time they are back, they will be all the way to Europe, through the Suez.

Back