Robes, Jammies and Towels ...oh my!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We get the barefoot thing here ALL the time and it skeeves me out big time! Nobody wants to see your bare feet while they're eating breakfast..
I think I can top that one. One time we were served by an innkeeper and she was barefooted. It was so repulsive. I then ask how did you get into inn keeping. She said they had never even stayed in a bed and breakfast followed with can you believe it. This was before we opened and they are no longer in buisness.
And here I worry the guests will think my Birks are too casual and I wonder if I should only wear closed toe shoes!
Morticia said:
And here I worry the guests will think my Birks are too casual and I wonder if I should only wear closed toe shoes!
Closed toe...in summer? No way.
Hey this is funny as I was about to say no one even notices - unless of course barefoot or chipped nail polish, but DH spilled sauce on his shirt yesterday and spot cleaned it and had it hanging to dry and then put it back on today. I said "Didn't you wear that shirt yesterday?" He replied "Yes but only you notice those things" ..."And besides at least my pants are ironed" and he left.
21 years today - and I still can't figure out his reasoning. :) Bless his heart.

We get the barefoot thing here ALL the time and it skeeves me out big time! Nobody wants to see your bare feet while they're eating breakfast..
I think I can top that one. One time we were served by an innkeeper and she was barefooted. It was so repulsive. I then ask how did you get into inn keeping. She said they had never even stayed in a bed and breakfast followed with can you believe it. This was before we opened and they are no longer in buisness.
Morticia said:
Hey this is funny as I was about to say no one even notices - unless of course barefoot or chipped nail polish, but DH spilled sauce on his shirt yesterday and spot cleaned it and had it hanging to dry and then put it back on today. I said "Didn't you wear that shirt yesterday?" He replied "Yes but only you notice those things" ..."And besides at least my pants are ironed" and he left.
21 years today - and I still can't figure out his reasoning. :) Bless his heart.
Happy anniversary! He is a sweetie who made a VERY wise choice in choosing his bride.

Morticia said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Happy Anniversary!!!
cheers.gif

sandynn said:
Another innmate on the forum experienced barefoot and braless innkeepers, wonder if it was the same place. I think it was in Texas.
This was in Indiana. I know of an innkeeper that says no one is going to tell her she has to wear shoes even the board of health.
thumbs_down.gif

That is not a professional IMHO.
sandynn said:
This was in Indiana. I know of an innkeeper that says no one is going to tell her she has to wear shoes even the board of health.
thumbs_down.gif

That is not a professional IMHO.
Pretty shocking actually. That she does this so regularly that everyone knows and just lets it go.
Wouldn't want her serving me brekkie. Or checking me in, for that matter.
Ewwwwww.

We have had a couple show up in our robes, and I don't mind. We are 6 miles from town and wooded so I don't see any reason that they should have to dress. Rather have them show up on time for breakfast in a robe than have to wait for them to wake up or shower and hold breakfast!
Riki

We occasionally have people in pygamas but only the full size kind (ie full length trousers with at least a tshirt top) so all the dodgy stuff is covered but I do insist on shoes as I worry they will step on something. This happened to DH as our handyman was recovering a headboard with a staple gun and missed picking one up and it went in DH's foot so I have been proved right. our breakfast room is in the basement and I had one lady peek round the top of the stairs and when she could see she was the first down she came in her PJ's as it was her birthday.

Back