Roll Away Bed pricing

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After all the work we did to bulld, I will not put three in a room. They would damage it. There is simply too much going in and out - especially with "girl groups" who will bring three huge suitcases, three massive amounts of bathroom makeup etc,
My rooms are plenty large enough for three and I do have singe and double couch beds, but after all the work making the rooms nice, I decided not to mention it.
We had, for example a group of 4 older professional women who met here for a vacation. When they left they neglected to mention they had managed in both rooms to yank the heavy duty towel warmer racks out of the walls in the bathrooms. All my DH can figure is they were hanging heavy travel wardrobes on them instead of using the closets. Probably had other stuff hanging in the closets. I can only imagine if I had more than two in the rooms.
So to me, the additional $20 or $30 per person would not pay for both housing and damage.
Riki.
egoodell said:
...they had managed in both rooms to yank the heavy duty towel warmer racks out of the walls in the bathrooms...
The horror!!! I may not sleep well tonight, and I'm serious about that! If they did that to my towel warmers I'd...well I don't know what I'd do, but it would be some drastic action!
Arkansawyer said:
If they did that to my towel warmers I'd...well I don't know what I'd do, but it would be some drastic action!
Just finished flipping after 9-night guests left today (I also cleaned and reset the place after day 5). Towel warmer OK, but now I'm sitting here with Elmer's Glue on my hands because I just finished gluing and clamping the luggage rack they broke.
I think it will be fine. An easy repair. I doubt the guests will ever bring up the subject, and I won't mention it either. They come every year to visit their family here, and the 9-night stay compensates for the fact that the two of them used, in 9 nights, 6 rolls of of TP, 3 boxes of Kleenex, 2 rolls of paper towels, produced 6 large trash bags of trash, and took every single amenity that was available to take.
They had a kitchen, so by far the most painful part of it all was that I found about a pint of Rotel dip in the refrigerator. I LOVE Rotel and it nearly killed me to have to dump it in the trash!

After all the work we did to bulld, I will not put three in a room. They would damage it. There is simply too much going in and out - especially with "girl groups" who will bring three huge suitcases, three massive amounts of bathroom makeup etc,
My rooms are plenty large enough for three and I do have singe and double couch beds, but after all the work making the rooms nice, I decided not to mention it.
We had, for example a group of 4 older professional women who met here for a vacation. When they left they neglected to mention they had managed in both rooms to yank the heavy duty towel warmer racks out of the walls in the bathrooms. All my DH can figure is they were hanging heavy travel wardrobes on them instead of using the closets. Probably had other stuff hanging in the closets. I can only imagine if I had more than two in the rooms.
So to me, the additional $20 or $30 per person would not pay for both housing and damage.
Riki.
egoodell said:
...they had managed in both rooms to yank the heavy duty towel warmer racks out of the walls in the bathrooms...
The horror!!! I may not sleep well tonight, and I'm serious about that! If they did that to my towel warmers I'd...well I don't know what I'd do, but it would be some drastic action!
Arkansawyer said:
If they did that to my towel warmers I'd...well I don't know what I'd do, but it would be some drastic action!
Just finished flipping after 9-night guests left today (I also cleaned and reset the place after day 5). Towel warmer OK, but now I'm sitting here with Elmer's Glue on my hands because I just finished gluing and clamping the luggage rack they broke.
I think it will be fine. An easy repair. I doubt the guests will ever bring up the subject, and I won't mention it either. They come every year to visit their family here, and the 9-night stay compensates for the fact that the two of them used, in 9 nights, 6 rolls of of TP, 3 boxes of Kleenex, 2 rolls of paper towels, produced 6 large trash bags of trash, and took every single amenity that was available to take.
They had a kitchen, so by far the most painful part of it all was that I found about a pint of Rotel dip in the refrigerator. I LOVE Rotel and it nearly killed me to have to dump it in the trash!
When I am having "drippy" day, I can go through a box of K by myself.
I was going to vist my friend. Prior to my arrival she went to the grocery with her daughter. As they went down the aisles, she put a box of Kleenex in the basket. Her daughter saw it and said, "Aunt Kathy's coming!!!" True story.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Arkansawyer said:
I was going to vist my friend. Prior to my arrival she went to the grocery with her daughter. As they went down the aisles, she put a box of Kleenex in the basket. Her daughter saw it and said, "Aunt Kathy's coming!!!" True story.
gillumhouse said:
I'll try to remember to leave an extra box in the room when you're here!
And yes, I found an almost empty Kleenex box on the nightstand so I think one of them had a drippy NINE DAYS!

Riki.
egoodell said:
Arkansawyer said:
I swear some guests are like backwoods hikers - carry in, carry out. We've gone in to clean rooms everyday and have seen no sign they have even been in the room! Beds made, not a bit of trash in the cans, all towels hung up, etc. (Then again, we did have a guest who booked in for 3 nights and only showed up in the mornings to shower and change! No idea where she spent her nights.)
Then there are your folks who just 'go shopping' and clear out everything not nailed down. Not sure how many of them there were staying over but that's a lot of trash and paper products to go thru in such a short time! We throw out one large trash bag (kitchen trash size) every 2-3 days in the summer but that's 14+ guests' trash and all the breakfast scraps!
We cleaned a room today where the guests kindly folded up their 25 shopping bags and stacked their 5 empty shoe boxes on the floor. Then I moved the pillow shams and 3 more shopping bags tumbled off the shelf onto my head.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Arkansawyer said:
gillumhouse said:
I'll try to remember to leave an extra box in the room when you're here!
And yes, I found an almost empty Kleenex box on the nightstand so I think one of them had a drippy NINE DAYS!
I will be traveling with a supply! Will be getting plenty of rest prior (I hope) so no drippy days.

Riki.
egoodell said:
Arkansawyer said:
I swear some guests are like backwoods hikers - carry in, carry out. We've gone in to clean rooms everyday and have seen no sign they have even been in the room! Beds made, not a bit of trash in the cans, all towels hung up, etc. (Then again, we did have a guest who booked in for 3 nights and only showed up in the mornings to shower and change! No idea where she spent her nights.)
Then there are your folks who just 'go shopping' and clear out everything not nailed down. Not sure how many of them there were staying over but that's a lot of trash and paper products to go thru in such a short time! We throw out one large trash bag (kitchen trash size) every 2-3 days in the summer but that's 14+ guests' trash and all the breakfast scraps!
We cleaned a room today where the guests kindly folded up their 25 shopping bags and stacked their 5 empty shoe boxes on the floor. Then I moved the pillow shams and 3 more shopping bags tumbled off the shelf onto my head.
Madeleine said:
Not sure how many of them there were staying over but that's a lot of trash and paper products to go thru in such a short time!
It was just 2 people and yes, by day 5 day they went through more than twice what I've had 7 nighters go through. But they had aunts and uncles and cousins in to visit, and they cooked some full meals for the hoards! Really, I've had couples make worse messes just by themselves. Nobody has ever used so many supplies before, but I've had MUCH dirtier people!

Riki.
egoodell said:
Arkansawyer said:
re the Carry inn carry out comment
"Low Impact guests" is what I call them. And aren't they grand!
heart.gif

I do remember the non-low impact Dr who was here who I thought was using his room as a storage unit! He came in with box after box... when I went in to freshen the first day it was as if he was a rat in a B&B nest. He told me it was just his reading material...it was hm about 10-11 cardboard boxes full of stuff.

We charge $30 per person extra except in our large Grand Suite (1600 sqft). We discourage groups of people piling up in there by charging $50 extra per person. It ends up being more economical for them to get two rooms instead.

We charge $30 per person extra except in our large Grand Suite (1600 sqft). We discourage groups of people piling up in there by charging $50 extra per person. It ends up being more economical for them to get two rooms instead..
1600 square feet? That's bigger than some houses!

We charge $30 per person extra except in our large Grand Suite (1600 sqft). We discourage groups of people piling up in there by charging $50 extra per person. It ends up being more economical for them to get two rooms instead..
K9 said:
We charge $30 per person extra except in our large Grand Suite (1600 sqft). We discourage groups of people piling up in there by charging $50 extra per person. It ends up being more economical for them to get two rooms instead.
That's bigger than my apt!

K9 said:
And it is gorgeous

1600 square feet? That's bigger than some houses!
Yes it's quite huge and comfortable. It was an addition built on for the owners to live in. Unfortunately, since I have two crazy shepherds, we live off-site. Otherwise, we would call it home for sure!

Back