Rollaway Beds and Bed Bug Protection

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I was looking at a local furniture store I discovered they sell an upholstered chair that pulls out to a twin bed which had inner springs.
Even though I haven't purchased one yet it's a great option.
You would have a seating area when not in use, the opetion to use it as a twin bed and no storing it.
Granted the width of the chair had a larger foot print than a standard chair but possibly an option to consider.
I think it ran around $400.00.
There is also this one... http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemID=14963&itemType=PRODUCT
My grandparents had one, with a blue cover. Just looks like a big and heavy ottoman and then magically... a twin bed!

When I was looking at a local furniture store I discovered they sell an upholstered chair that pulls out to a twin bed which had inner springs.
You would have a seating area when not in use, the opetion to use it as a twin bed and no storing it.
Granted the width of the chair had a larger foot print than a standard chair but possibly an option to consider.
There is also this one... http://www.solutions.com/jump.jsp?itemID=14963&itemType=PRODUCT
My grandparents had one, with a blue cover. Just looks like a big and heavy ottoman and then magically... a twin bed!
That's awesome.
Between the chair and the ottoman you could have two extra beds with no one being the wiser until needed.
I'll have to keep that in mind as I finish up on furnishings.

That's awesome.
Between the chair and the ottoman you could have two extra beds with no one being the wiser until needed.
I'll have to keep that in mind as I finish up on furnishings.
And no need to lug things.

SusanHillside said:
I’m seeking current up to date advice today on two topics.

1. Does anyone have a recommendation for a rollaway bed? I have one large room that has a queen size bed in it. But it could accommodate a rollaway two. I have had requests for this. There is an extra closet in this room that will hold this bed no problem

2. I want to invest in bed bug protection for all my rooms. I have 3 rooms each with a queen size bed and the rollaway in the future. I’d like secure bed bug protection that is not noisy, i.e. crinkly vinyl, and that is not hot for the guest when sleeping.

I welcome all advice!!! Thanks so much

Susan
The sofa in the first photos opens to a queen bed
The white love seat in the bottome photo opens to a single bed.
RIki

That ottoman/twin bed is nice!

As far as bed bug protection and extermination, steam is a very powerful tool that can be used without having to worry about insecticides etc. Alot of steamers reach as high as 256F. The actual temperature that needs to be achieved is 120-130F for approx. 3 to 5 minutes.
If you have a garment steamer or floor steamer that has additional handles, you may just find you have another use for it.

As far as bed bug protection and extermination, steam is a very powerful tool that can be used without having to worry about insecticides etc. Alot of steamers reach as high as 256F. The actual temperature that needs to be achieved is 120-130F for approx. 3 to 5 minutes.
If you have a garment steamer or floor steamer that has additional handles, you may just find you have another use for it..
Not recommended for a mattress.... you need dry steam for that.

If you have a garment steamer or floor steamer that has additional handles, you may just find you have another use for it..
Colleen848 said:
If you have a garment steamer or floor steamer that has additional handles, you may just find you have another use for it.
You really don't want to get your mattresses wet with a clothing steamer. The best protection is avoidance by encasing your mattresses. Next thing is observation- being very scrupulous in examing the mattress after every check-out, cleaning all of your bedding regularly in hot water and drying in the dryer (not line drying) and providing guests with enough room to store their suitcases OFF the bed!

Colleen848 said:
You really don't want to get your mattresses wet with a clothing steamer. The best protection is avoidance by encasing your mattresses. Next thing is observation- being very scrupulous in examing the mattress after every check-out, cleaning all of your bedding regularly in hot water and drying in the dryer (not line drying) and providing guests with enough room to store their suitcases OFF the bed!
Madeleine said:
Colleen848 said:
A little off topic, but...if you were to use a steamer (I have never tested this and don't own a hand held garmet steamer with which to perform said test) such as the kind for drapes, could it be used without leaving behind moisture as a way of freshening a top sheet or duvet after the bed is made?
This could be great for those of us that abhor ironing and use or will use no iron sheets or a mangel that may leave a pressing crease.
Hope that question made sense. :)

Colleen848 said:
removed - double post

Many steamers have a volume adjustment as to how much is dispersed at a time, very often this is considered "dry" steam. Also, the higher the temperature of the water, generally the smaller the droplets of vapor.
To the contrary, steam can be used on mattresses depending on the material it is made from because of the high heat. It is also excellent for cleaning draperies, rugs, tile, etc. A must have in a bathroom and kitchen. Remember, restaurants have their vent hoods steam cleaned? Oh yes, it also removes wrinkles, reduces allergens, dust mites, etc.
I am including several links that may help explain this:
httt://www:wikihow.com/Kill-Bed-Bugs-With-Steam
http://www.ehow.com/how_5853741_kill-germs-steam-cleaner-mop.html
http://www.steamcleanerssearch.com/bed-bug-steamers

Many steamers have a volume adjustment as to how much is dispersed at a time, very often this is considered "dry" steam. Also, the higher the temperature of the water, generally the smaller the droplets of vapor.
To the contrary, steam can be used on mattresses depending on the material it is made from because of the high heat. It is also excellent for cleaning draperies, rugs, tile, etc. A must have in a bathroom and kitchen. Remember, restaurants have their vent hoods steam cleaned? Oh yes, it also removes wrinkles, reduces allergens, dust mites, etc.
I am including several links that may help explain this:
httt://www:wikihow.com/Kill-Bed-Bugs-With-Steam
http://www.ehow.com/how_5853741_kill-germs-steam-cleaner-mop.html
http://www.steamcleanerssearch.com/bed-bug-steamers.
I have to say the only thing I have ever used a steamer for is removing wallpaper. It just seems it would be so much faster to encase the mattress than to steam it, dry it and vacuum up all the dead bug carcasses.
Plus, prevention is the best remedy. You really don't want your rooms offline for bug steaming. Once you've got bugs, the whole room and every room that touches it has to be debugged. And the steamer is going to take a lot of time.

Some other crucial elements of which has to be considered involve the sort regarding topics that a guitar tutor might educate greatest and if they've the particular endurance plus the skill to teach pupils together with sure issues for example dyslexia. Apart on the market, there's at the same time an age bracket that they sense a good number of comfortable instructing. Avaya CallPilot certification training // Junos Security certification training // Avaya certification preparation // JNCIS SP certification preparation // Avaya ACS // Juniper JNCIA

I have not seen any bed bugs, but I do have fleas. Should I treat for bed bugs also as I could possibly bring them home? Is it possible to prevent an infestation by treating the home?
http://www.rentalprotectionagency.com/tenant-rights/

The Best way of getting rid off bed bug is better contact to the pest control exterminator.

I have a lovely loveseat that opens to a single bed. I like this as opposed to dragging out a cot and banging up my woodwork doing so. You can see the white loveseat/bed that i have in this link. We bought it at Grand Furniture store. We also have a couch/bed in another room.
Best,
Erika

Bed Bugs are on the rise and if you're unfortunate enough to have had them invade your home, you want them gone right now. Here are some great techniques to put a stop to them right now and keep them from coming back. view more

Knowing where bed bug eggs are often located and often grow can help a lot in dealing with the infestation. In fact, exterminating bed bud eggs can significantly lower the risk of having more bed bugs inside the house and the bedroom. In looking for bed bugs, there are several things that a person should take note of.

Bedding encasements are better known as mattress covers or box spring covers. You can get bed encasements at just about any bedding shop or department store that sells beds and bedding. In addition, many companies have online website sales where you can order them right from the comfort of your home. These bed encasements are made of protective fabrics that fit tightly around your bedding items (mattresses, box springs, pillows) so that nothing can get in, nor get out, once the zipper is fully closed. (much like an closed envelope) They stop bed bugs in their tracks. Bed bugs cannot move in or out of these bed encasements after proper installation.

Back