Romance add-ons for the year down?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
How is it going this year in the way of romance add-ons for your guests?
I am doing taxes for August and saw we only sold a measely $73 in addons. For all the anniversaries we get this time of year you would think it would be more!
(no, not asking for you to fine tooth my marketing and website and tell me where I need to stick them!) This is a drop off from years past, and I am wondering if you are seeing the same thing? People plan a getaway, but do not add any other extras to the escape.
I have proper picnic baskets for a picnic package and have not had even one person this year order this package. So my packages AND my add-ons have dropped off.

My picnic baskets are down, but the fondues are up. We're also up on our romance packages (champagne,truffles, etc). Our dinners have been a great success, so maybe folks are buying dinner instead of picnic baskets.
Our occupancy rate is the same, but add-ons have increased.

We are getting the wine tours booked mostly as add ons.
Other than that I have been doing some chocolate strawberries and some cheese plates but not much. Ditto our picnic dinners - not much booked at all.
Riki

I would go for the dinner if we stayed with you, 100%. I think that is fantastic.

Here I am with photos of the pic-a-nic package today. :) I was so excited that they said yes to the photos. There is also a red and white blanket with pocket that has a personalized list of scenic spots, near a waterfall, overlooking the entire county from the Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. And a state map.
Here is what I tweeted today "Picnic Package at The Claiborne House B&B, my guests allowed me to take their photo today, awesome! Are they the cutest couple or what! Happy Birthday to Maegan...(I put a sparkler and matches in the basket along with her chocolate cake for two) IMAGE IS HERE.

I used to try to get dinners - pulled it from the packages this year because my knees do not like them. My happy birthday has brought in a few extra nights. One man booked here because 3 nights here with that was less than the cost at the hotel where their family reunion was taking place. Because he was here, his brother booked here - for 5 nights! A 4-night coming in this week. Other than the 3rd night $19.12 + tax, packages have sucked air this year.

Oddly, mine are up. NOT a substantial $$$ amount incoming. Less than $300 total. I have a couple of new 'romance' ideas for this coming year. But this is not a big 'romance' kind of place.

Here I am with photos of the pic-a-nic package today. :) I was so excited that they said yes to the photos. There is also a red and white blanket with pocket that has a personalized list of scenic spots, near a waterfall, overlooking the entire county from the Blue Ridge Parkway, etc. And a state map.
Here is what I tweeted today "Picnic Package at The Claiborne House B&B, my guests allowed me to take their photo today, awesome! Are they the cutest couple or what! Happy Birthday to Maegan...(I put a sparkler and matches in the basket along with her chocolate cake for two) IMAGE IS HERE..
Nice!

One Two more (I took about 35 with my speedo Gonzales shutter on my camera - this is my new wide angle lens btw). I have them kissing and smiling and more...I just snapped away.
Here tis: GOT ROMANCE?
The last one: Fall in Love in Virginia.
trouble is people think we are ripping them off with packages - they don't realize we get it cheaper than they could as we are local and don't have to arrange delivery etc they will try and do it themselves and it will cost more.

We don't do packages, per se, but we do accommodate special requests like flowers, champagne, chocolates etc. Last year we had a couple of requests but that is about the same from year to year. I look at packages as a service...not a money maker and so I don't advertise because it really ends up being more work for me and I a not looking for more work at this point.

Here is what I tweeted today "Picnic Package at The Claiborne House B&B, my guests allowed me to take their photo today, awesome! Are they the cutest couple or what! Happy Birthday to Maegan...(I put a sparkler and matches in the basket along with her chocolate cake for two) IMAGE IS HERE..
Joey Bloggs said:
Here is what I tweeted today "Picnic Package at The Claiborne House B&B, my guests allowed me to take their photo today, awesome! Are they the cutest couple or what! Happy Birthday to Maegan...(I put a sparkler and matches in the basket along with her chocolate cake for two) IMAGE IS HERE.
This looks so great! yay!!

We seem to be up on our Romance Package...many in conjunction with wedding nighters. Our new Elopement Package is off to a good start. We've done three so far since starting it up early this month.

We seem to be up on our Romance Package...many in conjunction with wedding nighters. Our new Elopement Package is off to a good start. We've done three so far since starting it up early this month..
Excellent!

We seem to be up on our Romance Package...many in conjunction with wedding nighters. Our new Elopement Package is off to a good start. We've done three so far since starting it up early this month..
its all about thinking outside the box - you've had a cracking idea! - glad its working out well!

Back