Room Charging Stations

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samster

Reaction score
This was an amenity at a B&B where I recently stayed in a large metro city. Not saying that it's for everyone here on the forum due to the cost and there may be some simpler, less expensive alternatives out there. A compact and attractive solution. It was pretty handy for two persons' electronic devices for a several day stay. :)

That's fine if you are using iPhones, but nothing else.
Did you see this one. With a built-in QI charger. The list of phones is at http://www.qinside.biz/en/support/qi-enabled-phones but you need a special sleeve for iPhones, since it's not on iPhones..
I got a plug-in at The Source that has two USB port chargers and six outlets. I plug that in just to the side of the TV/DVD so that people will stop unplugging the lamps or clock radio. They don't have to put their device on the floor to recharge or on a chair where they'll knock it off.

Did you see this one. With a built-in QI charger. The list of phones is at http://www.qinside.biz/en/support/qi-enabled-phones but you need a special sleeve for iPhones, since it's not on iPhones..
I could have picked the wrong product for this link. think the list of supported devices on the site shows that it will charge other than Apple products.
The one in our room supported a plethora of devices. :)

I hate that the phone manufacturers keep changing the plugs on their chargers so what used to work won't charge newer ones.
They have those mats where you just lay the phone on the mat and it charges through magic, but they don't work on everything either.
Might be best to provide a USB port and let people bring the cables that fit their own phone.

I hate that the phone manufacturers keep changing the plugs on their chargers so what used to work won't charge newer ones.
They have those mats where you just lay the phone on the mat and it charges through magic, but they don't work on everything either.
Might be best to provide a USB port and let people bring the cables that fit their own phone..
Those mats are QI. The Europeans were talking about making USB connector charging required for all phones.

Might be best to provide a USB port and let people bring the cables that fit their own phone..
We have a little black box with three USB phone plugs and two USB fast charger plugs meant for mini and maxi pads.

even more basic. I'm in a hotel last night and tonight. I found the hair dryer. Nice and new. But no plug. No plug above the sink, under the sink, on the wall, on the mirror frame. I am serious. I looked really hard. No plug in the bathroom at all.
I used one in the bedroom, but it was awkward. Had to laugh. This is an upscale hotel. You expect the basics.

I got a plug-in at The Source that has two USB port chargers and six outlets. I plug that in just to the side of the TV/DVD so that people will stop unplugging the lamps or clock radio. They don't have to put their device on the floor to recharge or on a chair where they'll knock it off.
I got my 2 USB + 6 electric outlet charging device from Lowes. I point it out when I show guests to their rooms.

I got my 2 USB + 6 electric outlet charging device from Lowes. I point it out when I show guests to their rooms.
I've put these in all my rooms, but still find many people plug their devices in using the standard socket/adapter.

I've put these in all my rooms, but still find many people plug their devices in using the standard socket/adapter.
Same here. Since the cables I bought either did not fit or walked, I think I am going to get one of these for each room.

Same here. Since the cables I bought either did not fit or walked, I think I am going to get one of these for each room.
I just saw a 4in1 and thought that was good... wow. If you don't want the car chargers, I found this one for $1.44 delivery included. I might buy 10, just in case a guest needs one and it walks.

I just saw a 4in1 and thought that was good... wow. If you don't want the car chargers, I found this one for $1.44 delivery included. I might buy 10, just in case a guest needs one and it walks.
What do you plug the other end into? The USB outlet? Looks like a brilliant idea.

Jon Sable said:
I just saw a 4 in 1 and thought that was good... wow. If you don't want the car chargers, I found this one for $1.44 delivery included. I might buy 10, just in case a guest needs one and it walks.
Beware of those really cheap things. I bought a couple of iPhone charger cables at unbelievable prices like that. One just would not work at all. The other started charging the phone but when I went back later it wasn't charging. On closer inspection, I saw that the white plastic male USB end of cable was melted into a puddle!

What do you plug the other end into? The USB outlet? Looks like a brilliant idea.
Yes, a USB outlet. I ordered 2 today. They don't have the newest Apple connectors, but they certainly have a lot of the others including at least 2 different USB variations. Good to have in stock considering the price. I also buy European to North American plugs on eBay from time to time. Many people forget to bring theirs (works for power supplies, doesn't convert power though.) Look for people with 3 pcs for $1 including shipping. Great to just throw into a drawer in case a guest asks.

Jon Sable said:
I just saw a 4 in 1 and thought that was good... wow. If you don't want the car chargers, I found this one for $1.44 delivery included. I might buy 10, just in case a guest needs one and it walks.
Beware of those really cheap things. I bought a couple of iPhone charger cables at unbelievable prices like that. One just would not work at all. The other started charging the phone but when I went back later it wasn't charging. On closer inspection, I saw that the white plastic male USB end of cable was melted into a puddle!
Never had a problem with them and stardard USB... iPhones, I don't know... we don't own anything but Apple stock :)

Jon Sable said:
Arks said:
Jon Sable said:
and they overheat fast. When you pay big bucks for something don't consider some short-cut cheapo charging device.
A room turned a multi usb charger in to me just today. I said "Hey I can use that!"

Jon Sable said:
Yeah just like cheapo replacement ELN batteries for Nikon camera. I was gifted a camera recently and thought I would get a couple back ups. HA HA...the non original didn't last but a few shots...thankfully they were cheap so not a big loss.

Yes, a USB outlet. I ordered 2 today. They don't have the newest Apple connectors, but they certainly have a lot of the others including at least 2 different USB variations. Good to have in stock considering the price. I also buy European to North American plugs on eBay from time to time. Many people forget to bring theirs (works for power supplies, doesn't convert power though.) Look for people with 3 pcs for $1 including shipping. Great to just throw into a drawer in case a guest asks.
Jon Sable said:
I also buy European to North American plugs on eBay from time to time...works for power supplies, doesn't convert power though.
I have a 240V to 120V converter ready for a European who brings their hairdryer and it only blows cold air. So far nobody has needed it, but I'm ready!

Jon Sable said:
I also buy European to North American plugs on eBay from time to time...works for power supplies, doesn't convert power though.
I have a 240V to 120V converter ready for a European who brings their hairdryer and it only blows cold air. So far nobody has needed it, but I'm ready!
Don't bother. If it's 240V it won't do a thing at 120V. Even a razor will sound different because of the difference in Hertz. Want to see them run around quickly, plug in a clock, it will run at 6/5th the speed :)

Back