Room Cleaning Therapy

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highlands John

Reaction score
Following on from my smelly guest thread, is it just me or is there something theraputic about giving a guest room a good clean after problem guests check out?
I'm not just talking about smelly guests, but PITAs, rude, awkward and unpleasant guests as well? It's like you're removing every trace of them from your house, and resetting the room back to a "blank" canvas.
The more unpleasant the guests the more I want to scrub the room.
I'm reminded of the song from South Pacific.......... I'm gonna wash that guest right outta my house!!!!!!!!!!

Had to drain, scrub (and scrub again) and refill a hot tub just the other day. It was visually cruddy after these guests. The filter, Bromine and Ph regulator usually take care of any body oils, etc. Funny thing was, I really liked these guests and they did not seem exceptionally dirty. Felt good to clean it all out, though.
I love being able to present an extra-clean room to guests. Especially nice when someone actually notices.
teeth_smile.gif

I burn sage in any room after a problem guest has been in it...clears negativity!

You say this after my sham fiasco? I spent 5 minutes staring and squeezing and had to figure out which went where, then another 5 putting them all where they belonged - all 12 pillows. Just what I need with 4 rooms to flip and two still here after two seating at breakfast.
But I agree, you always feel better when things look beautiful...so for that, back at it. To me freshening a room is like putting clean clothes over dirty knickers...it is not as nice as a whole new freshly cleaned room!

Some people have very dry skin and use lots of lotion. If they don't shower before going into a hot tub it can cause major grundge problems and also make a shower stall/bathtub appear very dirty because of the oil residue.

It is named Christian Louboutin for the reason that man who create Christian Louboutin shoes. At the same time, it's helpful to reduce the risk of injury for the player. If you think your feet should be protected well during the strenuous exercise, the Christian Louboutin Pumps are the right choice for you. There are many Cheap Christian Louboutin Heels from our shop. If you want to learn more informations of those Christian Louboutin Boots, please visite our website http://www.louboutinshopsale.com/. Are you looking for a comfortable shoes? We are ready for you to give you great discount Christian Louboutin Sandals and best service.

If you are looking for a pair of pretty UGG Boots, you shouldn't miss this chance for purchasing UGG Classic Cardy Boots this season in our shop. Ugg Bailey Button would give people such a deep impression. UGG Classic Short Boots appreciate it not only by the high quality with steady innovations but also by its stylish designs. There is no doubt that it could go well with you casual outfits. There are many kinds of UGG Classic Tall Boots for different ages and tastes online. So pick up your own UGG Sandals now.

Had to drain, scrub (and scrub again) and refill a hot tub just the other day. It was visually cruddy after these guests. The filter, Bromine and Ph regulator usually take care of any body oils, etc. Funny thing was, I really liked these guests and they did not seem exceptionally dirty. Felt good to clean it all out, though.
I love being able to present an extra-clean room to guests. Especially nice when someone actually notices.
teeth_smile.gif
Aussie Innkeeper said:
teeth_smile.gif
DW and I visited a Home Show yesterday at our local convention center. I happened to be wearing my shirt with our logo on it and was flagged down by a salesperson selling hot tubs. "This would be perfect for a Bed & Breafast", he said.
We owned a hot tub in another life. For starters, you can only use a hot tub in Texas during the late fall and winter. Secondly, there is already enough to do around here without adding hot tub draining and cleaning EVERY WEEK. I'll let the big resorts mess with that. You really can't expect guests to be considerate. It's nice when they are, but you can't expect it.

teeth_smile.gif
Aussie Innkeeper said:
teeth_smile.gif
DW and I visited a Home Show yesterday at our local convention center. I happened to be wearing my shirt with our logo on it and was flagged down by a salesperson selling hot tubs. "This would be perfect for a Bed & Breafast", he said.
We owned a hot tub in another life. For starters, you can only use a hot tub in Texas during the late fall and winter. Secondly, there is already enough to do around here without adding hot tub draining and cleaning EVERY WEEK. I'll let the big resorts mess with that. You really can't expect guests to be considerate. It's nice when they are, but you can't expect it.
No one uses my hot tub but me and that is the only one I ever use. And..since summer was so hot..mine has been empty all summer. I will start it back up again once we get a frost :)

teeth_smile.gif
Aussie Innkeeper said:
teeth_smile.gif
No one uses my hot tub but me and that is the only one I ever use. And..since summer was so hot..mine has been empty all summer. I will start it back up again once we get a frost :)
catlady said:
Oh, I'm with you, CatLady. I love a hot tub in the fall and winter....even (or epecially) in the snow. I'm very sorry we dont' have the proper space here for a hot tub for ourselves, but no way would I share it with guests. And I'd just be too jealous to have one for guests that I couldn't--or wouldn't--use.

I love the clean slate feeling. Fresh linens, new flowers, sparkling bath, all in anticipation of great guests.

teeth_smile.gif
Aussie Innkeeper said:
teeth_smile.gif
catlady said:
Oh, I'm with you, CatLady. I love a hot tub in the fall and winter....even (or epecially) in the snow. I'm very sorry we dont' have the proper space here for a hot tub for ourselves, but no way would I share it with guests. And I'd just be too jealous to have one for guests that I couldn't--or wouldn't--use.
That's funny.......I have a hot tub.......I empty and shut it down in the winter

teeth_smile.gif
Aussie Innkeeper said:
teeth_smile.gif
catlady said:
That's funny.......I have a hot tub.......I empty and shut it down in the winter
My hot tub is on our back enclosed sun porch. It isn't warm in there but it is protected and all covered. So that works well for me. No way would I be trudging out into the cold and snow to sit in a hot tub. Though lots do.

Back