Room descriptions on website

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bullets are favored by google/seo and make it quick and easy for a guest to see what each room offers. Simple adjectives not superfluous descriptions, are well read.
Also giving the reader the information on why each room is unique is also helpful. Perhaps there is just one guest room with:
  • a fireplace
  • or flat screen tv
  • or mountain view
  • or jacuzzi tub.
  • or a private entrance
I believe in highlighting these features. :)
This is all good stuff everyone, keep it coming. Sometimes it is our small talk here that actually prompts action on our web presence...

Don't forget y'all when you add your photos, please don't put "image1.jpg" make them readable by google/seo...ie "Canopy Room at The Garden Inn" or "Relax in the spacious canopy room at the Garden Inn"
Now here is your homework assignment should you choose to take it on. Go into google images and type in your inn name (and various searches, ie Garden Inn, Garden Inn B&B, Garden Inn Bed and Breakfast...) and click google IMAGES (instead of web search) and see what comes up.

Don't forget y'all when you add your photos, please don't put "image1.jpg" make them readable by google/seo...ie "Canopy Room at The Garden Inn" or "Relax in the spacious canopy room at the Garden Inn"
Now here is your homework assignment should you choose to take it on. Go into google images and type in your inn name (and various searches, ie Garden Inn, Garden Inn B&B, Garden Inn Bed and Breakfast...) and click google IMAGES (instead of web search) and see what comes up..
THAT was enlightening. Who knew so many guests posted our pix!

Now here is your homework assignment should you choose to take it on. Go into google images and type in your inn name (and various searches, ie Garden Inn, Garden Inn B&B, Garden Inn Bed and Breakfast...) and click google IMAGES (instead of web search) and see what comes up..
Don't do what a hotel near hear did........................ make the beds before you take photos of the rooms!!!!!!
wow.gif

Don't do what a hotel near hear did........................ make the beds before you take photos of the rooms!!!!!!
wow.gif

We had a young couple post a pic on TA of themselves...in bed. Reading. It was still a weird photo.

wow.gif

We had a young couple post a pic on TA of themselves...in bed. Reading. It was still a weird photo.
Our weirdest TA photo we have was before we had the blackout blinds, it's an Italian couple who photo'd themselves trying to hang a blanket over the curtain rail. Why would you even take a picture of that?

MY only TA picture is of room 2 which always was what I called my problem child room ( you know it can be amazing and is not reaching its full potential) and it is how it used to look. I have fully refurbished it and it looks good but I am stuck with the crap photo LOL

MY only TA picture is of room 2 which always was what I called my problem child room ( you know it can be amazing and is not reaching its full potential) and it is how it used to look. I have fully refurbished it and it looks good but I am stuck with the crap photo LOL.
Add your own pix on TA and bury the problem child!

Cambs please tell me you have added your own photos now? TA allows you to add them from the mgmt side and they sit right there with the guests photos, the more you post the better! Then they will come up on your city/town page as well. I mentioned this a while back...

It is on my list for this afternoon as I have had all the rooms pictures taken Woo Hoo only 3 check in's this afternoon so I am going to try and go to a needlework fair My mum is sittiing in till 2pm!

I did the google images and guess who was there? Junie B Jones! Cute, I think she wants to stay with me.

TA? TA?... Oh! Trip Advisor. And here I thought... oh, never mind....
Anyway, back to the topic. Since our place is not a typical B&B, our room descriptions point out what our rooms *don't* have in addition to what is special about them. We're not a chintz 'n' lace Victorian; we're a Colorado ski lodge. In effect, we put enough information on our site so that potential guests can "self-filter" in case they were looking for a more high-end place.
DW and I had a quarrel about that before we did it. But it has been a godsend. And it has proven a surprisingly effective marketing tool, as well. Sort of counter-intuitive, but I can't tell you how many times guests have told us, "I never would have considered staying at a B&B before I looked at your website." We tend to attract younger guests (more than half are no older than their early 30s) and more active people of all ages.
I suppose the lesson is that we have been successful in our marketing efforts to attract the kind of guests we want to attract. More demanding people with higher expectations go somewhere else and annoy our competitors.
Tom

Back