Room exchange for advertising

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
we also found fridge magnets work well people are addicted to keeping them.

we also found fridge magnets work well people are addicted to keeping them..
I have magnets that are at least 20 years old and have moved house with me 4 times. Not advertising magnets, just cute ones.
Alibi Ike said:
I have magnets that are at least 20 years old and have moved house with me 4 times. Not advertising magnets, just cute ones.
Mine's cute - it has a picture of the B&B on it!
teeth_smile.gif

Frig magnets are the absolute one thing I am looking for when traveling.

Alibi Ike said:
teeth_smile.gif

Do you sell them or give them away?

Problem with menu advertising..... these menus would not be in a restaurant......not a nice one anyway.......more like local joints, diners and the like.
Who's looking at them?
30 miles away or more.......will you be traveling to check on these menus that they are actualy where they say they are and with your advertisment ?
Providing a room in exchange for this.......is not free

Alibi Ike said:
teeth_smile.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
No I do not sell them, they are advertising magnets. They have a pic and basic info of the inn. I am sure some did not make it further than the round hole but the ones that kept them - on the fridge or in a drawer, they have been a reminder and the best bang for my advertising buck - ever!

Problem with menu advertising..... these menus would not be in a restaurant......not a nice one anyway.......more like local joints, diners and the like.
Who's looking at them?
30 miles away or more.......will you be traveling to check on these menus that they are actualy where they say they are and with your advertisment ?
Providing a room in exchange for this.......is not free.
One Day said:
Who's looking at them?
Providing a room in exchange for this.......is not free
4 nights exchange is definitely not free. I can see these being good if you hold functions at your inn, so locals would see them at the diner.
But B&B guests might be a diff story. They link $50 is super steep, little do they know our Holiday Inn express has rooms for $159! Locals are mostly clueless.

Alibi Ike said:
teeth_smile.gif

Breakfast Diva said:
No I do not sell them, they are advertising magnets. They have a pic and basic info of the inn. I am sure some did not make it further than the round hole but the ones that kept them - on the fridge or in a drawer, they have been a reminder and the best bang for my advertising buck - ever!
I have some that I had done free on vistaprint. I keep forgetting to give them out!

Who's looking at them?
Yes these are "souvenir" menus that ARE in the restaurants and the customers can take them home and YES I have a LOT of "locals" (within 30-70 miles) that come "for a getaway" so yes absolutely this is my market and what does anyone mean by "not a nice restaurant??". Does the fact that I eat at McD or the local Chinese joint make me "not a nice person"? Is their money or my money any less green than anyone else's because I am not eating at Chez Beacoup $$$?
And (1) they send you a copy of the menu and (2) you have a contract which shows the exchange as well as the number of copies to be included on in exchange for x number of nights.
And as for it being "free" or "not free" - I do not have to lay out HARD DOLLARS, my "cost" is an occupied room with no breakfasts and in hard times which I have had for the last two years I do what works for me, and put the mention out there to others who may be interested.

Who's looking at them?
Yes these are "souvenir" menus that ARE in the restaurants and the customers can take them home and YES I have a LOT of "locals" (within 30-70 miles) that come "for a getaway" so yes absolutely this is my market and what does anyone mean by "not a nice restaurant??". Does the fact that I eat at McD or the local Chinese joint make me "not a nice person"? Is their money or my money any less green than anyone else's because I am not eating at Chez Beacoup $$$?
And (1) they send you a copy of the menu and (2) you have a contract which shows the exchange as well as the number of copies to be included on in exchange for x number of nights.
And as for it being "free" or "not free" - I do not have to lay out HARD DOLLARS, my "cost" is an occupied room with no breakfasts and in hard times which I have had for the last two years I do what works for me, and put the mention out there to others who may be interested.
If they did this near me I would do it as a lot of people come here for the day and don't book anything and need something to point them in the right direction. Plus if you are super lucky they may never stay as is the case with a lot of these type of deals. fingers crossed.

Back