Room Names

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaltyInSherman

Reaction score
I am new here and recently started renting a couple rooms in my house on Airbnb. We are trying to think of cute names for each of the rooms. Since one of the rooms has kind of a beachy feel to it (yes in Northern Texas no less, lol...and I am a San Diego girl all the way ha ha) we were thinking of naming it Salty Beach (We have a saltwater pool out back). The other room doesn't really have a "feel" yet...it's not finished really since my son just left for the Navy and that had been his room. I am not planning on going with any coastal or beachy decor in that room. Trying to keep the room not too feminine, not too masculine, but just in the middle somewhere and was curious what are some names for the rooms in your guys' inns, B&B's, etc? Thanks in advance for your ideas, suggestions, and inspiration :)

Room names should help your guests match up the type of room you have to the type of room they want.
If there's some history to your house, people appreciate names that tie that in.
Don't try and be too cute, though. The "Grumpy Sailor Room" is not one I'd be booking.

This might make a good thread: What's the best and worst name for a room you've heard?

I'll go first:
Best: The Retreat
Worst: The Grandma Finngan Room

Guests never remember the room names. I’d suggest you decorate the room and then name it. If it turns out mostly blue, The Blue Room. If you find you’ve used plaid wallpaper, The Plaid Room. If it’s mostly antiques, The Antique Room, or the Vintage Room.
Or, if there is a great piece of art that dominates the room, The Portrait Room or The Landscape Room.

Last edited:
We once stayed in a room called, Grandma’s Attic. I thought that was an unfortunate name.
Our rooms are named after the beaches in our town. The names make no impression at all.

Guests never remember the room names. I’d suggest you decorate the room and then name it. If it turns out mostly blue, The Blue Room. If you find you’ve used plaid wallpaper, The Plaid Room. If it’s mostly antiques, The Antique Room, or the Vintage Room.
Or, if there is a great piece of art that dominates the room, The Portrait Room or The Landscape Room.
How funny! I was just going to say don’t name the rooms colors because then you can’t change the decor! Our place started out with color names and what the room was previously or where it was located (Parlor, Back Room, BrassRoom, etc). The next owners opted to change to the names of the people who used to live in the house and their historical significance. We changed out the last of the rooms to the decor (pretty much because I was finished changing everything and the names would stick).

I wanted to have a theme b&b and make all the rooms named after book characters. Never got around to it.

Mine are names: Gillum - the railroad station agent who bought the house in 1918. Harris - the family that bought it from the Gillums. Rosi's - Two walls of this room had large black letters on the wallpaper, Rosemary loves _____. Soon after moving in, Himself called out from downstairs, "This house is too damne4d big! Where are you?" I replied, "Rosi's Room." and it has been that ever since. Tosi was Mrs. Harris' granddaughter. ALL wallpaper removed before the B & B opened.)

We once stayed in a room called, Grandma’s Attic. I thought that was an unfortunate name.
Our rooms are named after the beaches in our town. The names make no impression at all.
I don't think I would ever stay somewhere named Grandma's Attic, lol

How funny! I was just going to say don’t name the rooms colors because then you can’t change the decor! Our place started out with color names and what the room was previously or where it was located (Parlor, Back Room, BrassRoom, etc). The next owners opted to change to the names of the people who used to live in the house and their historical significance. We changed out the last of the rooms to the decor (pretty much because I was finished changing everything and the names would stick).

I wanted to have a theme b&b and make all the rooms named after book characters. Never got around to it.
Names of book characters I think is neat :) This second room is more of just a regular room...nice wood floors, plantation shutters on the windows, but nothing like the other room with its shiplap walls, really interesting wood floors and plantation shutters with patterned tile in the bathroom...that room is definitely beachy feel...while this second one is stumping me...it did used to be my son's room so maybe I will just name it after him or something similar...I appreciate yours and everyone else's advice and thoughts!!!

Back