room questionares

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey Camb

Reaction score
I have put this in this category as a neighbour B&B said since she has impliamented questionares in her rooms her trip adviser reviews have gone down ie volume be this a good thing or bad thing you decide but thought it was worth stating. I am thinking of impliamenting something along those lines and wondered if anyone else did? if so any chance of being emailed a copy?

Did she speculate as to why in-room questionnaires are reducing her number of TA reviews? I suppose once people leave an in-room review they don't feel as much need to repeat it on-line.
Ideally there would be wording that would encourage complaints to go on the in-room questionnaire, but compliments to continue on to TA.
I've been working today on my in-room guest info book and am planning to include a comment card in the book, asking that any problems be passed on to me that way. I guess I should include a stamped, self-addressed envelope so they could send it back anonymously later. It's really important that people have a way to complain or suggest without having to take it to the public forum!

for example one case was person said "would have been handy to have a hairdryer in the room" (a) person could have asked but (b) brought it to her attention that the hairdryer had been pinched. Emailed the customer said sorry there wasn't one, there normally is but someone must have accidentally packed it and now it has been replaced.

for example one case was person said "would have been handy to have a hairdryer in the room" (a) person could have asked but (b) brought it to her attention that the hairdryer had been pinched. Emailed the customer said sorry there wasn't one, there normally is but someone must have accidentally packed it and now it has been replaced..
We have a questionaire in all our rooms (copy emailed to you direct) and I think it's invaluable. People will put things down that they wont tell you to your face, and sometimes they can be useful to know.
Sometimes people put down absolute rubbish, but you have to live with that.
I use the contents of the questionaire to judge if I should send people a request to put a review on t a.

for example one case was person said "would have been handy to have a hairdryer in the room" (a) person could have asked but (b) brought it to her attention that the hairdryer had been pinched. Emailed the customer said sorry there wasn't one, there normally is but someone must have accidentally packed it and now it has been replaced..
We have a questionaire in all our rooms (copy emailed to you direct) and I think it's invaluable. People will put things down that they wont tell you to your face, and sometimes they can be useful to know.
I use the contents of the questionaire to judge if I should send people a request to put a review on t a.
I know I had a chap say the towel rail was the wrong shape? i mean how they are all the ruddy same?

I know I had a chap say the towel rail was the wrong shape? i mean how they are all the ruddy same?
On the questionnaire where it asks "are there any improvements you'd like in the bedroom" some woman put "maybe a little less pine".
I mean.......did the type of wood the furniture was made of really affect her stay. How stupid!

The number of crappy guests many of us have had this weekend, I would take the whole lot of them out in the yard and sing a little song as I burned them. Wait, did I just type that for real?
I mean, sure isn't that sweet, let them eat cake, the little buzzards!

On the questionnaire where it asks "are there any improvements you'd like in the bedroom" some woman put "maybe a little less pine".
I mean.......did the type of wood the furniture was made of really affect her stay. How stupid!
Highlands John said:
I would be forced to buy a bottle of PineSol cleanser and mail it to her. You know I actually bought some last year as I really like the smell, it smells of "clean" to me.

Think of all the stupid things people tell you over the years, then you provide them with a venue to jot down the lot, be prepared for lots of piddling crap (opps
embaressed_smile.gif
) to go along with a few good worthy comments.
Sorry, I am with JB - this last week of guests have put me through the ringer! Receiving a completed questionaire from this bunch of self absorbed people would have put me right over the edge!
Now in general it may not be a bad idea but I would not go overboard - give basic questions and "is there anything you would like to see added" but you may not want to read these until you need a real good laugh!

Think of all the stupid things people tell you over the years, then you provide them with a venue to jot down the lot, be prepared for lots of piddling crap (opps
embaressed_smile.gif
Sorry, I am with JB - this last week of guests have put me through the ringer! Receiving a completed questionaire from this bunch of self absorbed people would have put me right over the edge!
Now in general it may not be a bad idea but I would not go overboard - give basic questions and "is there anything you would like to see added" but you may not want to read these until you need a real good laugh!.
copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
HEAR HEAR!
See this is the thing, everyone is a critic. Everyone thinks they can say whatever they want whenever they want to. Go to facebook if you don't know what I am talking about. The stupid things people say out-loud is enough for me to realize these are not the people I want valuable feedback from. If anyone wants true feedback, invite a bunch from this forum over, we'll sleep in your beds, and shower in your showers and see if there is enough room for our toiletries and enough light to read in bed. LOL!
cheers.gif

Innkeeper Slumper Party Ole'

The number of crappy guests many of us have had this weekend, I would take the whole lot of them out in the yard and sing a little song as I burned them. Wait, did I just type that for real?
I mean, sure isn't that sweet, let them eat cake, the little buzzards!.
JB, you are funny!!

I was wondering if you would kindly email me a copy of your in room questionare. I am just starting a B&B and would like to have the feedback from guests.
Thanking you in advance,
[email protected]

Joey Bloggs said:
You'd torch the guests or the questionnaires or is this the wrong weekend to even ask if there is a difference?

embaressed_smile.gif
Now in general it may not be a bad idea but I would not go overboard - give basic questions and "is there anything you would like to see added" but you may not want to read these until you need a real good laugh!.
I did an online survey once sent to former guests and I really needed a thick skin transplant to read them. Who knew the things that bothered people. Yikes.

Joey Bloggs said:
You'd torch the guests or the questionnaires or is this the wrong weekend to even ask if there is a difference?
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I refuse to answer

embaressed_smile.gif
I did an online survey once sent to former guests and I really needed a thick skin transplant to read them. Who knew the things that bothered people. Yikes.
Madeleine said:
Tomato tomato yeah both of those!
Things that bother a guest and the reason I won't do questionnaires no matter what and how much you pay me:
  1. having to get up to turn off a light
  2. having to turn on a light
  3. having to find the switch to turn on a light
  4. having to see a light under a door
  5. having to see a light outside the window
  6. having too little light
  7. having too much light
  8. having a night light
  9. not having a night light
  10. having an alarm clock light
  11. not having an alarn clock light

embaressed_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
Things that bother a guest and the reason I won't do questionnaires no matter what and how much you pay me:
  7. having too much light
  8. having a night light
This is an old in house which I live. There are only 2 rooms with overhead lights- the dining room & the kitchen. The bathrooms all have a fan with a light but none of the guest rooms have ceiling lights. All of the light switches operate lamps.
If you turn off the lamp using the switch on the lamp, you can flick the wall switch as much as you like, nothing is going to happen.
We have CFL's in the light fixtures. You have to give them half a second to warm up. If you keep turning the switch on the sconces on and off and on and off and on and off, no, you'll never get to a point where the light comes on.
If you wake the innkeeper up to tell her the breaker must be tripped because the lights won't come on, be guaranteed she will come to your room in her fuzzy bathrobe and Mr Potato Head slippers to prove you wrong. And embarrass you in front of your girlfriend. And pretty much insure she'll never see you in her inn again. Sigh.
We affixed a strip of lath to the door frames so guests couldn't see the hall light while in their rooms. Keeps them now from turning the hall lights off. It really was a problem in some rooms given where the bed was in relation to the door. And the new carpet isn't squished flat so that helps, too.
Hate those blue alarm clock lights. Would not complain to an innkeeper but I will tuck the clock under the bed or drape a towel over it.
Yeah, I know you didn't need me to comment, but I can't help myself.

embaressed_smile.gif
copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
HEAR HEAR!
See this is the thing, everyone is a critic. Everyone thinks they can say whatever they want whenever they want to. Go to facebook if you don't know what I am talking about. The stupid things people say out-loud is enough for me to realize these are not the people I want valuable feedback from. If anyone wants true feedback, invite a bunch from this forum over, we'll sleep in your beds, and shower in your showers and see if there is enough room for our toiletries and enough light to read in bed. LOL!
cheers.gif

Joey Bloggs said:
copperhead said:
embaressed_smile.gif
HEAR HEAR!
cheers.gif

When I have my Innkeeper Slumber Party before I open, will someone else cook breakfast?

embaressed_smile.gif
Madeleine said:
  7. having too much light
  8. having a night light
This is an old in house which I live. There are only 2 rooms with overhead lights- the dining room & the kitchen. The bathrooms all have a fan with a light but none of the guest rooms have ceiling lights. All of the light switches operate lamps.
If you turn off the lamp using the switch on the lamp, you can flick the wall switch as much as you like, nothing is going to happen.
We have CFL's in the light fixtures. You have to give them half a second to warm up. If you keep turning the switch on the sconces on and off and on and off and on and off, no, you'll never get to a point where the light comes on.
If you wake the innkeeper up to tell her the breaker must be tripped because the lights won't come on, be guaranteed she will come to your room in her fuzzy bathrobe and Mr Potato Head slippers to prove you wrong. And embarrass you in front of your girlfriend. And pretty much insure she'll never see you in her inn again. Sigh.
We affixed a strip of lath to the door frames so guests couldn't see the hall light while in their rooms. Keeps them now from turning the hall lights off. It really was a problem in some rooms given where the bed was in relation to the door. And the new carpet isn't squished flat so that helps, too.
Hate those blue alarm clock lights. Would not complain to an innkeeper but I will tuck the clock under the bed or drape a towel over it.
Yeah, I know you didn't need me to comment, but I can't help myself.
I have a complain. I'm allergic to CFL light bulbs and you used CFL light bulbs.
Table lamps aren't good enough for me to put on makeup.
CFL light bulbs have a grey shadow that makes me look older.
There were no condom mints on the side of the bed.
The alarm isn't bright enough.
The alarm is too bright.
Ms Innkeeper should have worn Mrs. Potato Head slippers.
It's endless!

Joey Bloggs said:
Madeleine said:
Joey Bloggs said:
I refuse to answer
burning leaves evidence.... acid does not.

Back