Rose petal stained quilt any cleaning suggestions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baygirl

Reaction score
Guests thought it was a good idea to put fresh rose petals on the quilt ... the quilt is stained pretty badly. Anyone have any suggestions on getting the stain out? Thought I would try to salvage the quilt if possible, but I have a feeling these stains are not coming out. I don't even want to think about how they got ground in to the quilt like that.
They will be paying for a new quilt if I can't get it clean!
Oh I'm so ready for a vacation....................

Following up on what was mentioned here before I have used Dawn dish liquid with great success on a lot of stains, even old ones.
Get the quilt wet, pour some Dawn on and rub it in. Let sit for about 5 minutes but do not let the fabric get dry or the blue coloring in the Dawn will be your next stain.
Throw in the wash as usual. You may need to use a toothbrush to really rub at the stain (Gomez does it this way, but he has other issues as well).

Following up on what was mentioned here before I have used Dawn dish liquid with great success on a lot of stains, even old ones.
Get the quilt wet, pour some Dawn on and rub it in. Let sit for about 5 minutes but do not let the fabric get dry or the blue coloring in the Dawn will be your next stain.
Throw in the wash as usual. You may need to use a toothbrush to really rub at the stain (Gomez does it this way, but he has other issues as well)..
Thanks...heading downstairs to try the dawn .. Will let you know if it works...

People have been bragging on "Resolve MAX" lately, even for stains that have survived several washings already. Spray it on the stain, wait no more than five minutes, rub it into the stain, then wash it in the hottest water allowed on the quilt's label.

Ditto on Dawn being a great stain cleaner. I keep the clear type on hand that has Oxyclean in it - that seems to work the best.
You can saturate with Shout spray and let sit for a day or two, then soak in cold water for several hours. Follow up by washing in cold water. Repeat if the stain isn't completely out.

I had this happen with some sheets. I washed them everyday for a week and used a lot of stain remover, TIDE, anything I could think of and they came out after about 7 days of washing.

mix equal parts of dishwashing liquid (not dishwasher soap) and hydrogen peroxide and pour it on the stains. allow to sit ... rinse ... check ... repeat ... and again
do not dry item until stain is out
innkeeper on forum recently had success using this magic formula on purple massage oil
this became my GO TO formula ... folks got blueberry stains (Maine) and chocolate stains on things a lot. kept a spritz bottle in the laundry area with this mixture inside.
good luck ... let us know how it goes

By using Shout, Dawn washing the comforter with clorox and hot water... Low and behold the stains are gone!
A good ending to this very long long weekend.......
Hope everyone is having a good holiday. If it's anything like mine, it's just another day with new faces!

By using Shout, Dawn washing the comforter with clorox and hot water... Low and behold the stains are gone!
A good ending to this very long long weekend.......
Hope everyone is having a good holiday. If it's anything like mine, it's just another day with new faces!.
Baygirl said:
So, armed with this knowledge, you're now ready to offer your $45 rose petals on the quilt package!

mix equal parts of dishwashing liquid (not dishwasher soap) and hydrogen peroxide and pour it on the stains. allow to sit ... rinse ... check ... repeat ... and again
do not dry item until stain is out
innkeeper on forum recently had success using this magic formula on purple massage oil
this became my GO TO formula ... folks got blueberry stains (Maine) and chocolate stains on things a lot. kept a spritz bottle in the laundry area with this mixture inside.
good luck ... let us know how it goes.
Glad I read down a bit same thing happened to me. I used Dawn with no colour. and hydrogen peroxide. It came right out. BUT!!!DO not put in dryer till all stain has been checked to see if it has gone. I hold it up to a light then I can see if it has disappeared when it is wet and has been rinsed well.
Now we use silk rose petals.

Let me share, just simply utilize straight Hydrogen Peroxide out of the 99 penny modest drugstore bottle. this is additionally why I like having white floor covering/furniture around children. I simply pour peroxide right on whatever they spill. I've worked the Oregon Bite for Girardet Vineyards a period or two, and you wind up wearing wine somehow. All the things to clean quilt cover are easily available in Australia any store.

hmm - landlords have learned that the best rugs are those that are multi-colored (like grey, red, other color threads). Stains that refuse to come out, are often not really noticeable.
But I think I may only use red bedding if doing rose petal packages
sad_smile.gif

Just a FYI. Spray n wash spot remover is now also a carpet cleaner. I think it's doing a better job in the stain removing department. Since we have some new folks since this thread started it's good to bring it up again. Always remember... The newest or most expensive will always be the one to get stained.
wink_smile.gif

Just a FYI. Spray n wash spot remover is now also a carpet cleaner. I think it's doing a better job in the stain removing department. Since we have some new folks since this thread started it's good to bring it up again. Always remember... The newest or most expensive will always be the one to get stained.
wink_smile.gif
Innkeep said:
Spray n wash spot remover is now also a carpet cleaner.
As I understand it, Spray 'n Wash is now called "Resolve MAX".

wink_smile.gif
In the past, I found that ChemDry's retail product worked pretty well. Looks like a small fire extinguisher.
Also, sometimes WD 40 gets out things when all else fails.

Throw in the wash as usual. You may need to use a toothbrush to really rub at the stain (Gomez does it this way, but he has other issues as well)..
Thanks...heading downstairs to try the dawn .. Will let you know if it works...
Dawn good. Oxyclean from the Cost Club also good. The Resolve in the red bottle is something I always have on hand due to reviews by innkeepers on this forum. I spray the grease spots on fabric napkins before washing - so happy. I was about ready to replace them, but will get at least another year. My go-to for messes other than fabric is the purple Zep grease cutter concentrate from HomeD. Great on stair railings, door knobs, chair backs and anywhere else where fingers and hands touch.

funny to see this old thread pop up
Lots of places offer white silk rose petals to prevent laundry stains
I remember the story of the bride and groom exiting a church being showered with colorful confetti - it was misting outside and the gown and white tux were covered with little specks of color ... I don't know if it's a true story.

funny to see this old thread pop up
Lots of places offer white silk rose petals to prevent laundry stains
I remember the story of the bride and groom exiting a church being showered with colorful confetti - it was misting outside and the gown and white tux were covered with little specks of color ... I don't know if it's a true story..
I have both red and white silk rose petals I toss on the bed when I have honeymoon or anniversary. I hope to give the rose petals without the mess. Every now and then the rose petals go home but they usually just put them on the dresser. They are not expensive so it is no biggie if they end up as souvenirs.

Hi,
I am here for the same problem, its not on the quilt but on the quilt cover. But its really expensive and even after washing with the detergent, stain still there. What to do?

Back