Rose Petals in the Guest Room

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JunieBJones (JBJ)

Reaction score
I saw recently on a movie where they used WHITE rose petals in a honeymoon suite! No stains. Whowouldathunk!

Yep that would work..but I just use silk rose petals and they never stained:)

I have started scattering red and white silk rose petals on the beds when I have couple coming in. The morning of their arrival I also scatter Hersey's Kisses (not earlier because I do not want them to melt on the duvet). The guests have liked it very much.

I bought the silk rose petals after valentines day. But haven't had anyone that I thought would like them. We are not a romantic get away place.

I can only assume that my recent wedding night guests took the red & white silk rose petals as a souvenir. Or, they evaporated since they weren't in the trash or in the room.

Not to sound like a craft newbie...but where do you find silk rose petals?
And now for a really STUPID question....are they washable?

And now for a really STUPID question....are they washable?.
Washable I don't know but you can get them at someplace like Michaels, Jo Anns, AC Moore, Ben Franklin, WalMart.

Dollar Store.
Maybe. (I'd want to put them in some sort of laundry bag so they don't wash down the drain.)
=) Kk.

Sometimes also dollar stores...especially around Valentines Day. I have to go find somemore now because my 2 giant bags went bye-bye with this wedding couple.

I bought mine after valentimes at Walgreens, but I think you can buy any time at the craft stores like Michaels.
As far as washing, I wouldn't do it. They are cut fabric at least the ones I have seen and the edges would fray. Check the edges before washing.
If you try it, put in a laundry bag and don't wash with anything else because you will have lots of little bits that will get on something else, in the smallest wash cycle you can do.

Confession
I bought them after Valentine's day and tried them out in the rooms and they didn't look nice to me. So I turned the bed down, put champers on ice and tried it that way, still looked like I forgot to vacuum or something. I threw them all away. I tried, I really did.
So that was why when I saw the white rose petals - I can buy a dozen white roses and pluck the otuer petals off (which you should always do when you buy roses, fyi, makes them last longer and bloom real nice, in case you didn't know this already) and then toss them on the bed etc. RED is the color of love, but so is white! I think white is really elegant.

Walmart has a Wilton's section.... I think that's where I got mine... in red and in white silk

Back