Running a Special...how to treat existing reservations?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! We are hitting a slower season here and I wanted to run a "Stay 3 Weeknights, Get the 4th Night Free" special, Sunday through Thursday. How do we treat existing reservations already staying over that time period? THANKS for any advice.

Your website policies should always say rates and promotions SUBJECT to CHANGE. You can also add to the Special, valid for New Reservations ONLY.

Last edited:
You're website policies should always say rates and promotions SUBJECT to CHANGE. You can also add to the Special, valid for New Reservations ONLY.
Oh, it does. I just don't want to upset anyone or discourage them from booking in advance. How do you handle that? THANKS!

I go one further. We try to not run into the problem, but if it's my loyal customers... I update their reservation with the deal and send them a new confirmation. I need them to stay loyal, I'm not going to alienate them for a few dollars when they are worth thousands.

I also tend to put in something that makes the package different. For example, I have an easy cancellation policy... so the special rate may have a decidedly different cancellation policy, or a no cancellation policy, so the deal is different.

Back