Quantcast

Running an inn isn't a simple life

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

JBloggs

Reaction score
[FONT= 'Times New Roman']Running an inn isn't a simple life[/FONT]
Boston Globe
Lennon, the proprietor of the Kennebunkport Inn in Maine, is more of a professional hospitality manager than a frazzled bed-and-breakfast owner. ...

EmptyNest

Reaction score
Oh yea...her staff of 50!!! Come on now..this is not a typical B & B.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
She states clearly that she owns a hotel. I resent being called a 'frazzled B&B owner,' tho. Again, someone has taken a pot shot at a substantial portion of lodging owners in this state.

Morticia

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
No byline, I can't even complain to a person.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Butter my butt and call me a biscuit, ahem, I mean frazzled B&B owner...
I LOVED OUR GUESTS TODAY! That is the difference, we make a difference, we are not just a hotel room.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I answered it. I said I was sorry she cringes at being called a title I am proud of - Innkeeper. Also said I have never felt frazzled as an innkeeper. (My frazzle comes from dealing with DH)

Innkeeper To Go

Reaction score
Well, hell's bells she sure ought to cringe at the thought of being called an innkeeper since she's not one. She employs quite a few, it seems, and I'm wondering if she thinks all of her employees are frazzled.
As for assuming the rest of us are all frazzled because of a TV show from the 80s, please. How rude.
What is wrong with people that they think they have to insult their colleagues to show that they're worthy?
Really sad article all around, IMHO. Why would anyone want to own an inn if they have contempt for innkeepers?

birdwatcher

Reaction score
This is just STUPID and you know what they say "you can't FIX stupid"
Boy...wouldnt I LOVE a staff of FIFTY to manage my INN?! How I hate stareotyping any profession. She must have at least 50 rooms, do ya think she cleans a darn thing?

Joey Camb

Reaction score
that is a hotel to call it anything else is rubbish. I thought that all the comments were well written especially the first. That person is a credit to us all.

Joey Camb

Reaction score

The Farmers Daughter

Reaction score
All the comment so far are spot on. I wonder how many more offended, non frazzled Innkeepers will post.