Sadly, I won't be joining you ... yet

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myschae

Reaction score
It looks like our deal just died on the table over issues with the Purchase and Sale agreement. It's unfortunate but we've left the door open to future opportunities. Now, at least we won't be complete 'B&B evaluator virgins'; I plan to read here just in case the right opportunity arrives.

Thank you all for your help, advice, and listening ears. Gonna go have a nice therapeutic cry now.

I am sorry. It's so hard to have a dream fall apart. This is a little Pollyanna-ish, but a better deal is coming.

We had a contract on our place 2 years ago. That fell apart. Then we waited out the pandemic and got another offer. The right place/time/deal is out there.

You never know. The deal to buy our current B&B fell through. Twice. We had moved on to looking at other inns when the sellers reconnected with us and we were able to resolve the "deal killers." So you never know.

You never know. The deal to buy our current B&B fell through. Twice. We had moved on to looking at other inns when the sellers reconnected with us and we were able to resolve the "deal killers." So you never know.

I wonder about this, too. It's a hot real estate market and regular houses are selling like hotcakes all over the country. I suppose they might find a buyer who wants to reconvert it back to a residence (it was small with 5 rooms to rent). I'd be sad to see that happen because it's a special place and has a history but it is what it is.

We're working with an excellent consultants who have their eyes on the B&B market so there are either other opportunities out there or we'll wait a little while and see if they're more amenable to a deal we can all agree on. Either way, we learned a lot and the next time we need a business plan, it will be much, much easier to get it together. Our final copy came out really nice; we received a lot of compliments on it from the consultants, the financial officers (who are willing to still move forward and give us some pre-qualification information on what we can really afford). Made some good relationships and so that's a plus.

I'd like to see the property do well, even if it isn't with us. (Our biggest ... I guess 'fear' is that someone will decide to leverage the location or do something else that takes the property out of circulation. It's a special place and I hope whoever does get it does right by it.

Meanwhile, we're moving on to other things.

Try and take a look at the Oak Valley Inn and suites in Geneseo,NY. We are looking to sell - lease or transition with an Innkeeper to help us - potential partnership or sale with flexible terms.

Note: Property not included - Long Term favorable lease with growth potential - No Living expenses and a very good Profit Margin.

We did not come from the industry, so a business with good margins and NO Living expenses made sense for us. It may make sense for you as well. Great Location! Brewery and Restaurant opening next-door......

Call anytime to discuss - All the best,

Jay - 585-243-5570 oakvalleyinngeneseo.com

Attachments

• frontree.jpg
    frontree.jpg
    861.5 KB · Views: 3
Back