Said Goodbye

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
My baby called me tonight enroute to the airport to tell me he loves me and goodbye. He is off to Honduras for 2 months (possibly 3) for a welding job at the Air Base. He dies know the realities - he knows enough Spanish to get himself in trouble (Mama - so KEEP your mouth SHUT!); he knows to not drink the water; and he knows to not go anywhere alone (Mama dies not have enough money to ransom his sweet face much less the rest of him).
I told him he is to e-mail at least once a week to at least say - Hi Ma,still alive and well.
Now I have my soup in the crock pot and I think I have enough stuff to keep me going tomorrow (coffee made, muffins in bag, box of crackers in the car) so I will check in tomorrow night if my eyes are still open, otherwise it will be Wednesday. Up at 4 to go do my civic duty as a Poll Commissioner.

I can sympathize...mine called on the way to the airport enroute to the Phillipines. Knew enough Spanish to get himself in trouble. Emailed every Tuesday to say he was alive. And to teach me some Phillipino.

I believe you'll find enough prayers coming from this group that his safe return is assured. Mine are included.

Thanks, Ladies. He is a true Moran (my maiden name) as he is an adventuresome wanderer. He has seen more of the world than the Paneks and is always up for an adventure. I used to tease him that he was like me, we do not take trips - we have adventures. This is one trip that I hope remains just a trip. We don't need no stinkin' adventure this trip!

Thanks, Ladies. He is a true Moran (my maiden name) as he is an adventuresome wanderer. He has seen more of the world than the Paneks and is always up for an adventure. I used to tease him that he was like me, we do not take trips - we have adventures. This is one trip that I hope remains just a trip. We don't need no stinkin' adventure this trip!.
gillumhouse said:
Thanks, Ladies. . . .
ahem . . .;)

Thanks, Ladies. He is a true Moran (my maiden name) as he is an adventuresome wanderer. He has seen more of the world than the Paneks and is always up for an adventure. I used to tease him that he was like me, we do not take trips - we have adventures. This is one trip that I hope remains just a trip. We don't need no stinkin' adventure this trip!.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. Keep your chin up!

gillumhouse said:
Thanks, Ladies. . . .
ahem . . .;)
ahem . . .
wink_smile.gif

Sorry, Thanks ALL

If it is any consolation I would give my left ear to spend two months in Honduras. It is NOT Nicaragua or Colombia. Close enough I know...

If it is any consolation I would give my left ear to spend two months in Honduras. It is NOT Nicaragua or Colombia. Close enough I know....
We have a Colombian in the house right now. It's very interesting talking with her. She MAY eventually be family...

If it is any consolation I would give my left ear to spend two months in Honduras. It is NOT Nicaragua or Colombia. Close enough I know....
We have a Colombian in the house right now. It's very interesting talking with her. She MAY eventually be family...
Bree said:
I have a wonderful friend from Pereira, Colombia (near Calí). Warm and friendly, a party on the move. In fact, all the Colombians I've met have been warm and friendly.
She once told me she wanted to marry a guy like me... and she did! A stoic Germanic guy from Steubenville, Ohio. After all these years of marriage she's a lot more focused (she actually shows up sort of on time now) and he's loosened up and is a ton more fun. After his mom died and he retired from the government they decided to move full time to Colombia.
It's like anywhere... you only hear about the bad things, but people live there and raise their families.
=)
Kk.

Bree said:
I have a wonderful friend from Pereira, Colombia (near Calí). Warm and friendly, a party on the move. In fact, all the Colombians I've met have been warm and friendly.
She once told me she wanted to marry a guy like me... and she did! A stoic Germanic guy from Steubenville, Ohio. After all these years of marriage she's a lot more focused (she actually shows up sort of on time now) and he's loosened up and is a ton more fun. After his mom died and he retired from the government they decided to move full time to Colombia.
It's like anywhere... you only hear about the bad things, but people live there and raise their families.
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
ahh that is so funny. I am not speaking of Colombians you have met. Sheesh how quickly everything I say is turned around. I AM SPEAKING OF DRUG LORDS! COCAINE KINGPINS who kidnap decapitate and brutally murder people. They have even gone into Costa Rica now from Colombia and set up camp. HAVE YOU MET ANY DRUG LORDS LATELY? It is "NOT LIKE ANYWHERE you only hear the bad things"
WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Bree said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
ahh that is so funny. I am not speaking of Colombians you have met. Sheesh how quickly everything I say is turned around. I AM SPEAKING OF DRUG LORDS! COCAINE KINGPINS who kidnap decapitate and brutally murder people. They have even gone into Costa Rica now from Colombia and set up camp. HAVE YOU MET ANY DRUG LORDS LATELY? It is "NOT LIKE ANYWHERE you only hear the bad things"
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
I used to live in DC. It was nice there. But if you watched the news you'd think that every other person got shot as they walked down the street. Parts of it were worse than others, just like any other big city. Parts of it were quite lovely.
OTOH, I LOVE living in small town America where our one murder last year was an anomoly!!!!
=)
Kk.

Bree said:
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
I used to live in DC. It was nice there. But if you watched the news you'd think that every other person got shot as they walked down the street. Parts of it were worse than others, just like any other big city. Parts of it were quite lovely.
OTOH, I LOVE living in small town America where our one murder last year was an anomoly!!!!
=)
Kk.
YellowSocks said:
JunieBJones (JBJ) said:
YellowSocks said:
Bree said:
=)
Kk.
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
=)
Kk.
You are missing the point. Kathleen was worried and mentioned kidnapping. I was saying at least he is not in those other two notorious kidnapping countries. I don't make this stuff up.
Kidnapping
Colombia has one of the highest kidnapping rates in the world. Although the numbers continue to decrease, approximately 369 political and financial kidnappings were reported to authorities in 2005. As many go unreported, the actual number of kidnappings is most likely much higher.
Military and police intelligence indicates that up to 28 professional kidnapping gangs are operating in Colombia. Foreigners and particularly Americans remain lucrative targets for these groups. Bogotá's Pais Libre (Free Country) Foundation, an organization dedicated to monitoring the problem of kidnapping, estimates that the ransom demanded in exchange for a foreigner is substantially higher than what is demanded for a local. As of 2005, it is believed that 14 foreign nationals, from ten different countries, are being held by various groups in Colombia. Of these foreigners, three are American.
Although many kidnappings in Colombia are planned, some are also opportunistic. Colombian criminals and guerrillas have been know to set up random roadblocks on the outskirts of major cities to stop and kidnap their victims.

Bree said:
=)
Kk.
I know Steubenville well. Was born there because it was the closest hospital Mom would go to (she considered the hospital in Follansbee a butcher shop - it has not been there for years)
I am only semi concerned about the kidnapping problem. I am well aware it is a major source of income in Central America. Knowing my son, I am more concerned about him playing Sir Galahad. I have faith that whatever is supposed to happen will and trust that he will be guided to shut his mouth and stay with the group and not get himself into any trouble. Also knowing my son, I am not banking on this either.

Back