Salute to my hometown

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for sharing! Made in the USA hurrah.
I love California Pottery. This style with bright colors all originated in CALF, but Fiesta is the one that took it big, and continued on to this day...from Ohio.
This is in my soul, the bright colorful cheery Fiestaware. (The orig, not the new)
I have original Fiestaware to my left as I type this, my other California ware as well = Catalina ware, Franciscan and Bauer ware.
This is something I NEVER SEE at auctions here, never. It is handed on as you can mix and match, so people do. I love that about Fiestaware too!
"During the darkest days of the Great Depression, a sudden splash of color brightened homes across the country with the introduction of Fiesta dinnerware."
lrg_CALF%20Pottery.jpg

I love California Pottery. This style with bright colors all originated in CALF, but Fiesta is the one that took it big, and continued on to this day...from Ohio.
This is in my soul, the bright colorful cheery Fiestaware. (The orig, not the new)
I have original Fiestaware to my left as I type this, my other California ware as well = Catalina ware, Franciscan and Bauer ware.
This is something I NEVER SEE at auctions here, never. It is handed on as you can mix and match, so people do. I love that about Fiestaware too!
"During the darkest days of the Great Depression, a sudden splash of color brightened homes across the country with the introduction of Fiesta dinnerware."
lrg_CALF%20Pottery.jpg
I wish I could get some of my relatives to part with their basements full of the stuff :-(

lrg_CALF%20Pottery.jpg
I wish I could get some of my relatives to part with their basements full of the stuff :-(
catlady said:
You have heard me say this so many times, but what bugs me about all of this is people don't use it! They do like your rel's and never use it. We found a ton of it in a crawl space in san diego under the house with the termites, even the most valuable colors RED and BLACK. Just thrown down there in the dirt.
People might use the cornette stuff, or other made in china-ware. I wish people would use it and enjoy it!

lrg_CALF%20Pottery.jpg
catlady said:
You have heard me say this so many times, but what bugs me about all of this is people don't use it! They do like your rel's and never use it. We found a ton of it in a crawl space in san diego under the house with the termites, even the most valuable colors RED and BLACK. Just thrown down there in the dirt.
People might use the cornette stuff, or other made in china-ware. I wish people would use it and enjoy it!
Exactly why I gave a ton of mine to my niece. And for the same reason, since she is getting married next month, I am handing down my mom's Cambridge glass collection and my Noritake china to her. Since I have no children, she is to be the one to get it and I want her to have it now so just maybe she will actually use it instead of looking at it all these years in the china cabinet :)

lrg_CALF%20Pottery.jpg
All those bright colors are back in style! Just one piece brightens a whole room...Lovely!

Thanks, CL for posting this. I grew up about 25 miles from there (and it is in West Virginia on the Ohio River which BTW is currently owned by West Virginia) and go to the outlet store just about every time I am up there. It has been too long since my last trip up river. I use a burgundy Fiesta casserole dish for my egg bakes.

Back