Sandals Resorts Jamaica

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wendydk

Reaction score
Oh Man...has anyone ever been to a Sandals all-inclusive resort?
Right now I can book 7 nights in November at Sandals Jamaica at 65% off......$2,000 total for 2 people including:
  • Air fare and Airport transfers
  • All taxes, tips & gratuities
  • All meals, fine dining
  • Unlimited premium drinks
  • Scuba diving
  • Watersports
  • Land sports
  • Golf
    Has anyone ever been to one?

Which property? I've seen the one in Negril and it looks very nice. We stayed down the road at Couples which is also an all inclusive.
GO FOR IT!!!!!
We had a wonderful time, the beach is beautiful and and that price is really great.
Is it during hurricane season? If so, still go for it, just get trip insurance.

I've been to Sandals Antigua. Had a great time there. It is super relaxing because you don't really have to plan/think about anything Just relax...and do as much or as little as you want. The one in antigua had 3 or 4 restaurants on the grounds which made it nice. I think some of the smaller ones only have one restaurant.

my youngest son was married at a sandals in st lucia. (weddingmoon - no guests - not even me) the marriage didn't last but they thought they were in heaven on earth.
thumbs_up.gif

Many people pray for a hurricane because you get to come back for a free vacation.

We've been to one in Montego Bay. I'd go to Ocho Rios instead because the beach is better there. If you've never been to Jamaica be warned that everyone has their hand out for a tip. We tried to sit on the beach and relax but there are hawkers sitting on surfboards just outside the swimming area yelling constantly at the people in the water to buy stuff. Same thing if you go to sit out on the jetties or anywhere near the edge of the property.
The all inclusives are a decent price. But anything not included is 100% more than you'd pay for the same thing here. You can pay in US money but you're returned in Jamaican.

I've been to the Sandals in Negril. We had one of the Honeymoon Suites because they didn't have the regular room we booked and paid for available. We didn't have to pay extra either. I don't remember the cost. I know it was winter (high season) and it was a terriffic value, still. I'm a scuba diver, and all of the diving was included which was sweet.
If you go to Negril, and Randy is still the bartender there at the pool bar, be careful of participating in Mixology!! What a show he is, though. He has three rules: 1. No peeing in the pool. 2. No puking in the pool. and 3. Randy makes all the rules.
We really enjoyed the week there. I'd go back again, but now I pretty much have those activities and that kind of weather around me all the time now.
The beach at Montego Bay has the big waves. At Negril, the water is quite calm. Which is better? Depends on what you like to do. We never left the property the whole week, except to take the boat out to scuba dive.
Sandals Negril is next door to Hedonism - the all nude resort. That was "interesting" to see. On down the beach in the other direction is Beaches, Sandals' family resort where they allow children.
They even had Hobie Cats we could take out for sailing. We really had to prod them about the water toys - seemed they were always broken and were to be fixed "later today", but never were. We finally grabbed a Hobie cat and started rigging it ourselves. Back then, I knew nothing about Hobie Cat sailing and we ended up flipping it over....today is a different story. Now, I sail with a couple of girls that are the best Hobie Catters I've ever seen - they really know how to "fly" one. This is "flying a Hobie":
Flying.jpg

I have been to Sandals Negril. I loved it. The large amount of Honeymooners floating each other around in the pool is a little stepford wife-like for me. You will see what I am talking about when you get there. But after a few of those bananna drinks you won't even notice. I loved Negril Beach you can stroll down the beach for a lot of local flavor. There are a bunch of great reggie clubs on that beach. Sandals sent a security guard (incognito) to follow us all over the beach. We did not realize that until the end of the trip.
It is true though you will be bombarded with vendors outside of the resort , try to embrace it and have fun! (The beach is private in front of Sandals and no vendors are allowed on it). But you will learn very quickly to say NO I do not want my hair braided, NO I dont want to buy any fruit,sarongs, tshirts,hats,massages, ETC.... & NO I can not possibly drink one more Red Stripe Beer.
We loved it and still have so many funny stories from that trip we still laugh about 5 years later!

I have been to Sandals Negril. I loved it. The large amount of Honeymooners floating each other around in the pool is a little stepford wife-like for me. You will see what I am talking about when you get there. But after a few of those bananna drinks you won't even notice. I loved Negril Beach you can stroll down the beach for a lot of local flavor. There are a bunch of great reggie clubs on that beach. Sandals sent a security guard (incognito) to follow us all over the beach. We did not realize that until the end of the trip.
It is true though you will be bombarded with vendors outside of the resort , try to embrace it and have fun! (The beach is private in front of Sandals and no vendors are allowed on it). But you will learn very quickly to say NO I do not want my hair braided, NO I dont want to buy any fruit,sarongs, tshirts,hats,massages, ETC.... & NO I can not possibly drink one more Red Stripe Beer.
We loved it and still have so many funny stories from that trip we still laugh about 5 years later!.
Oh what memories this brings back. I forgot about the hair braiding thing. I was bombarded with that - I have long hair and lots of it. On the taxi ride there, you go over this bridge called Ganga Bridge in a jungle looking area where you will see the local rasta hanging out by the roadside. The driver will ask if anyone wants to stop and buy some ganga. LOL (not sure if I spelled that right, could be ganja??). There is also a bar in town on a cliff where folks frequently "take the plunge" into the waters far below. I'd say that's only for the brave and I suppose that makes me a chicken because I wouldn't do it. Besides...I hate salt water.

We loved it and still have so many funny stories from that trip we still laugh about 5 years later!.
Oh what memories this brings back. I forgot about the hair braiding thing. I was bombarded with that - I have long hair and lots of it. On the taxi ride there, you go over this bridge called Ganga Bridge in a jungle looking area where you will see the local rasta hanging out by the roadside. The driver will ask if anyone wants to stop and buy some ganga. LOL (not sure if I spelled that right, could be ganja??). There is also a bar in town on a cliff where folks frequently "take the plunge" into the waters far below. I'd say that's only for the brave and I suppose that makes me a chicken because I wouldn't do it. Besides...I hate salt water.
Yes I know the bar you are talking about. The one were you have to exchange your cash for "tokens" to buy drinks. They sell them in lots of for example 3, then charge 5 tokens to buy a drink so you end up buying more tokens then you need to actually buy the drink. Of course you never use all the tokens or you keep buying more so you have enough tokens to buy another! So they make more money!
Its ingenious , but the show is well worth the price of admission (left over tokens).

Back