Sarcasm and the Innkeeper

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think after a while you get a feel for the guest. For example when they call people say things like "do you have nice rooms?" and a little voice in my head dares me to say no we only have horrible ones with a view of the trash cans!.
Camberley said:
I think after a while you get a feel for the guest. For example when they call people say things like "do you have nice rooms?" and a little voice in my head dares me to say no we only have horrible ones with a view of the trash cans!
Esp when they ask "Which room would you choose" the most expensive one of course. :)
I have guests who are from a certain part of the country and a certain part of a state in that part of the country who I have noticed complaining is a past time. Even when they aren't complaining it sounds like they are complaining. So making small talk today was hilarious. I felt like saying "Dark cloud or what" maybe you should never leave the house! But it is not that they are unhappy, it is like I said, a past time or hobby, this is how the conversation goes. I just smile and gave them suggestions of things they might enjoy on their way home. They are not being sarcastic, I am wanting to be, but holding back!

Back