Save Big on a B&B Getaway

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
The summer vacation is back! Hit the road and save $50 on an online B&B reservation of two nights or more. With nearly 2,000 inns across the world to choose from, BedandBreakfast.com makes it easier than ever to book your perfect getaway. Click here to learn more.

This deal ends MONDAY, August 2, 2010!
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
http://m2.criticalimpactsoft.com/go...b7b98cd75c417e289fa0d3aeb82452d3c7cf30cbd6bf7

It's easy to save $50 on your getaway of two nights or more:

• Go to BedandBreakfast.com and find a property that accepts online reservations. These inns all feature a
    book-it-city-listing-off.png
    button.
  • Make a two-night or more online reservation directly with BedandBreakfast.com.
  • Type the code BBVACA50 in the "Redeem Special Promo Code" box before completing your reservation.
Sincerely,
The BedandBreakfast.com Team

800-GO-B-AND-B (800-462-2632)
[FONT=&quot]www.BedandBreakfast.com[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Read Terms and Conditions[/FONT]

Oh great...how many people will read.... and then be disappointed when they try to book someone who doesn't take this special
[FONT= &quot]Go to BedandBreakfast.com and find a property that accepts online reservations. These inns all feature a
button.[/FONT]

Ism't that sweet! So in addition to the commission, the innkeeper gets to give up another $50. It is the another that get me. No, I take that back. It is the honking price, plus now you pay me a commission even though you have online rez on your web page, plus the e-mail about all the other B & Bs in the area, plus the extra $50........
They give me another reason to rejoice in dropping them evry time I turn around. I thank them for reenforcing that I made the right decision!

Ism't that sweet! So in addition to the commission, the innkeeper gets to give up another $50. It is the another that get me. No, I take that back. It is the honking price, plus now you pay me a commission even though you have online rez on your web page, plus the e-mail about all the other B & Bs in the area, plus the extra $50........
They give me another reason to rejoice in dropping them evry time I turn around. I thank them for reenforcing that I made the right decision!.
gillumhouse said:
They give me another reason to rejoice in dropping them evry time I turn around. I thank them for reenforcing that I made the right decision!
No K, it is not in addtion to the commission, as the innkeepers did not agree to this promotion. The innkeepers will get their agreed net price. The $50 comes out of B&B.com's commission to get guests to book using 'the book-it' button. I think this is to try to promote the online booking feature right on their site. Book direct, no need to go to the B&B's site!
I know they see it as a benefit for all the B&B's in the program, yes it is addtional exposure! But to me it is, bring on the cheap guests - those always looking for a bargain. The ones that suck all the life out of you while they are here.

They give me another reason to rejoice in dropping them evry time I turn around. I thank them for reenforcing that I made the right decision!.
gillumhouse said:
No K, it is not in addtion to the commission, as the innkeepers did not agree to this promotion. The innkeepers will get their agreed net price. The $50 comes out of B&B.com's commission to get guests to book using 'the book-it' button. I think this is to try to promote the online booking feature right on their site. Book direct, no need to go to the B&B's site!
I know they see it as a benefit for all the B&B's in the program, yes it is addtional exposure! But to me it is, bring on the cheap guests - those always looking for a bargain. The ones that suck all the life out of you while they are here.
No K, it is not in addtion to the commission, as the innkeepers did not agree to this promotion. The innkeepers will get their agreed net price. The $50 comes out of B&B.com's commission to get guests to book using 'the book-it' button.
I stand corrected. Glad to hear innkeepers are not taking another hit so the gorilla can get more publicity.

Oh great...how many people will read.... and then be disappointed when they try to book someone who doesn't take this special
[FONT= &quot]Go to BedandBreakfast.com and find a property that accepts online reservations. These inns all feature a
button.[/FONT].
What's worse it it states that only the listings that have the 'book it' button do online reservations. Not true but the guest doesn't know that.
In their defense I will say that it is nice they are promoting the people who are paying them the most money. OTOH, it is causing more people to hit that button who might just have called to ask the B&B in person about rates (and saved the B&B 30%). So, BB.com is still making money unless the property charges under $100/night.

button.[/FONT].
What's worse it it states that only the listings that have the 'book it' button do online reservations. Not true but the guest doesn't know that.
In their defense I will say that it is nice they are promoting the people who are paying them the most money. OTOH, it is causing more people to hit that button who might just have called to ask the B&B in person about rates (and saved the B&B 30%). So, BB.com is still making money unless the property charges under $100/night.
Mort, I agree it needs to be listed a little clearer. Like first say "Look for the Green "book-it' button (picture) on the listings...not 'the inns that accept online reservation' then the symbol - we all know they have allready headed to sites looking and did not even see the rest of the info. And really, would they have read even that far....nope. They see $50 off and that was it! I get this with the I
heart.gif
inns bogo certificates...just becasue I am part of the program, I do not accept them at all times. They just see you in the mix and you must accept it. NOPE.

Back