Scam Against ResKey Users

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arks

Reaction score
I got an email from John at ResKey saying someone is trying to trick ResKey users into following a link they provide to a false version of the ResKey log in page. If you log in to it, they then have your username and password. Probably an attempt to see guest's email addresses and charge card info (which ResKey doesn't even store).

So don't click any email links to go to ResKey. Go there manually and log in if you need to.

If you've fallen for it, then change your password and change it on any site you use where you use the same password. Many hackers are just trying to collect email address/password combinations so they can try them on more profitable pickings (online banking sites, etc.)

Even if I'm sure an email is real I always
1) Right-click on the "From" tab to see if an email from exp says something like "[email protected]" and not "[email protected]."
2) I copy and paste links from emails so I can examine where they're sending me before i go. If it pastes out "http://scammy.ru/WU/4frr4.exe" or something weird, I don't go there.

I got an email from John at ResKey saying someone is trying to trick ResKey users into following a link they provide to a false version of the ResKey log in page. If you log in to it, they then have your username and password. Probably an attempt to see guest's email addresses and charge card info (which ResKey doesn't even store).

So don't click any email links to go to ResKey. Go there manually and log in if you need to.
Odd that we use ResKey and didn't get the email. Targeted scambastards I guess.

Oh by the way I would like to book 5 rooms for our traveling ministers and their spouses for May 7 to 23rd this year. How much will that be and I will immediately post a check from the Bank of Uzbekistan as a deposit.

Odd that we use ResKey and didn't get the email. Targeted scambastards I guess.

Oh by the way I would like to book 5 rooms for our traveling ministers and their spouses for May 7 to 23rd this year. How much will that be and I will immediately post a check from the Bank of Uzbekistan as a deposit.
had to laugh. A couple months ago we actually go the newly ordained Greek priests trying to book -- ah the good old days.

Back