Scam: Charging for Google Business Photos

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Reaction score
The title says it fairly well - Google offers a FREE service called Google Business Photos. The scam is a caller offering to do Google Business Photos for you for a price.
More info.

Scams using the Google name are hitting me in droves. The best bet is to check out anyone claiming to provide you a service BEFORE committing to them! Like the call I got yesterday from Net Biz who stated in some wording that made it sound to me like they were claiming to be a google business - wanting to place us on the 'first page of google'. Of course no one NEEDS to pay anyone to run those sponsored listings... any business can do so for themselves. OH, and how did they find us - bbonline!

Scams using the Google name are hitting me in droves. The best bet is to check out anyone claiming to provide you a service BEFORE committing to them! Like the call I got yesterday from Net Biz who stated in some wording that made it sound to me like they were claiming to be a google business - wanting to place us on the 'first page of google'. Of course no one NEEDS to pay anyone to run those sponsored listings... any business can do so for themselves. OH, and how did they find us - bbonline!.
That Net Biz will have me screaming mad by the time we are done here.

Scams using the Google name are hitting me in droves. The best bet is to check out anyone claiming to provide you a service BEFORE committing to them! Like the call I got yesterday from Net Biz who stated in some wording that made it sound to me like they were claiming to be a google business - wanting to place us on the 'first page of google'. Of course no one NEEDS to pay anyone to run those sponsored listings... any business can do so for themselves. OH, and how did they find us - bbonline!.
This call was not my first one with these folks. I don't really think that they are scammers, but fall in the sleeze catagory at best. If a business is not internet savy I guess they have their place. I just hate that they 'fudge' as to their business association with google.
This was the 1st time I had let the voice box answer the call, this after many attempts to tell them to remove me from their calling list. AND this was the 1st time that they stated where they picked up my #.

This call was not my first one with these folks. I don't really think that they are scammers, but fall in the sleeze catagory at best. If a business is not internet savy I guess they have their place. I just hate that they 'fudge' as to their business association with google.
This was the 1st time I had let the voice box answer the call, this after many attempts to tell them to remove me from their calling list. AND this was the 1st time that they stated where they picked up my #.
I have actually talked to them at length to find out if they even know who they're talking to. 'What kind of search terms are you talking about?' They tell me something like, 'Oh, you'll be on the first page of Google for your state!' It's PPC. If you're willing to spend the money, you can do it yourself. But to pay them to pay Google? Nope, don't think so.
If I answer the phone, and I don't if I see the caller id, I ask if they have looked for me online? Usually not. When they see that I do pretty well on my own for what I think are valid search terms for my market, they hang up. But someone else calls a month later and I go thru the whole thing all over again.

I have actually talked to them at length to find out if they even know who they're talking to. 'What kind of search terms are you talking about?' They tell me something like, 'Oh, you'll be on the first page of Google for your state!' It's PPC. If you're willing to spend the money, you can do it yourself. But to pay them to pay Google? Nope, don't think so.
If I answer the phone, and I don't if I see the caller id, I ask if they have looked for me online? Usually not. When they see that I do pretty well on my own for what I think are valid search terms for my market, they hang up. But someone else calls a month later and I go thru the whole thing all over again.
Any innkeeper that falls for any "COLD CALL" doesn't have a clue. My immediate answer...no discussion allowed...CLICK!

Back