Scam email thru Pillows & Pancakes

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morticia

Reaction score
Just got this thru the Pillows & Pancakes site: no such person, phone number or business. I really hate when they use a valid business to perpetuate their spams/scams. I just went to Paul's site and see he's tracking IP addresses and blocking spammers so I'll forward this to him directly. BTW, he has an extensive list of spam/scam emails posted on the site.
My name is Ralph Laurence C.E.O Of Banexst Leisure's ,I would like to make a Bed-and-Breakfast reservation for our client who will be
visiting your country with his family from Russia.Please find below the service you will be providing.
NUMBER OF GUESTS : 3
ARRIVAL DATE : 20th March 2010
CHARGES PAR NIGHT
TOTAL CHARGES FOR THREE NIGHT
So please get back to me as soon as possible with the total cost as required,so i can provide you with my credit card details for the total
payment of the Service.I have viewed your website and it's contents and would be happy if you don't direct me back to your website.
Your Earliest Response Would Be Appreciated .
Keep In touch.
Regards ,
Banexst Leisures

Name: Ralph Laurence
Email:

Phone: 754-743-7345

I love how he doesn't want to be directed back to my site, which he has already looked at! Couldn't find the prices, rooms, calendar, or anything like that. But he's looked at it. Bah!

I got that one and had another a few weeks ago from someone purporting to be a vendor - do not remember of what. Both got the same delete key. Never thought of forwarding them to Paul. Just looked at it that it was not his fault some jerk is strolling through Paul's directory. Will forward ay in the future so he can block them.

this forum might be of interest too
http://www.pillowsandpancakes.com/sw/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=1

We seem to get these regularly from 2 sources they are both a similar email 1 is 6 priests on a religeous tour looking for accomodation in our town and the other is 3 honeymooning couples they want you to charge more than their accomodation to a card and then organise their flights and travel etc. You can tell it is a scam because it is the worst spelling and grammar I have ever seen!

FYI
We got hit with a scammer last week... and I thought I really had to deal with this. We made two changes.
1) We limit the number of inquires sent thru to 15 or less.
2) We've added a link to our scam warning page at the bottom of our res e-mails
BTW, the scammers seem to have mostly moved on from B&Bs and tend to target restaurants now.

I love how he doesn't want to be directed back to my site, which he has already looked at! Couldn't find the prices, rooms, calendar, or anything like that. But he's looked at it. Bah!.
Probably does not want to be redirected to your site as if he puts the cc number in your reservation form it will not be accepted as it's probably a stolen number. He wants to deal with you directly to try and scam you!
RIki

Back