- May 22, 2008
- Reaction score
Nothing quite screams "scam" like "make payments to a third party on my behalf."Scammer said:[tr]Hola,
I am Mr. Mikel Lukas (Esq) from Madrid, Spain . I will like to make a LAST MINUTE reservation in your hotel, fully pre-paid via credit for 4 persons that will be on vacation in your area starting 18th Sept to 2nd Oct, 2008 (14 days flexible in Sept or Oct, 2008 ).
If you can accomodate them, kindly advise on the following points:
1. Provide the total cost for the whole period for 2 double rooms for 14 nights for 4 guests. This must include all charges.
2. I will need my credit card to be processed immediately and receipts for all payments sent to me via email attachment or fax.
3. Please advise if you can make payments to a third party on my behalf as it will facilitate the speedy conclusion of this transaction.
4. In the event that you do not have availability for those dates, please choose next available two weeks in Sept or Oct.
5. All price quotes should be in U.S Dollars or EUROS.
Like I mentioned above, preferable payment method will be direct by credit card. Thank you and looking forward to hearing from soon.
Mikel Lukas (Esq)
Lukas Associate Chambers
Avda. Del Valle 64 28003 Madrid , Spain
Tel: +34 626 606 929
Fax:+34 911 014 917
Maybe he's new at this... but because of my thorough education at the feet of the Wise Ones, I'm NOT!