Scam? What's your guess?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can I suggest you forward all of this information, including your suspicion that the cardholder was in on it, to the U.S. Secret Service. Their division on credit card fraud might be interested into looking into it. The DEA obviously would be a good group to contact, but absent any certainty that drugs were involved there's not much for them to do.

Got the chargeback letter today. I didn't dispute it, of course. Nothing to be done.
The reservation and payment came through Feb. 8 for arrival Feb. 12 and departure Feb. 13.
The dispute was filed Feb. 13. Pretty quick. I suspect the cardholder was in on it all, with plans to dispute it as soon as their package was received at the other end.
It was a Deutsche Bank VISA, which adds in to the strangeness of the whole thing.
At least that particular bunch probably won't bother me again!.
Did they charge you the $25 chargeback fee?

Got the chargeback letter today. I didn't dispute it, of course. Nothing to be done.
The reservation and payment came through Feb. 8 for arrival Feb. 12 and departure Feb. 13.
The dispute was filed Feb. 13. Pretty quick. I suspect the cardholder was in on it all, with plans to dispute it as soon as their package was received at the other end.
It was a Deutsche Bank VISA, which adds in to the strangeness of the whole thing.
At least that particular bunch probably won't bother me again!.
Generic said:
Not that I can see. My bank account shows the $157.57 chargeback on Feb. 14, but no other charges to my account that day, and no amount in the $25 range on any days around that. I'm surprised they missed an opportunity to twist the knife in me a little more!

Back