Scam???

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our guests who book from Australia and the UK just email or fill out the reservation form like everyone else. To my experience, the Aussies are very into their computers and are very comfortable booking online. They have never asked for a brochure because they know the postage is expensive and I'd never mail one.
I just got one today for a wine tour asking about booking re our deposit due to the distance. They will usually offer to send a money order in dollars for the desposit but I tell them not to bother
I usually tell them to call my toll free number when they hit the states to be sure they are on schedule. I can get a cc number over the phone at that time.
Riki

it is too bad you have to deal with this.
once in a while, i get an actual booking that starts out making me think 'scam' ... but this one has too many red flags i think. odd that they asked for a brochure to be mailed. usually they ask for an email answer. why bother with the postal mail? very very odd.

Back