Scientist incinerates neighbour's garden

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have one of those weed burners. I use it to kill weeds rather than use Roundup (which justs ends up in the lake). Fun to use for a while, but can be a real danger.

I have one of those weed burners. I use it to kill weeds rather than use Roundup (which justs ends up in the lake). Fun to use for a while, but can be a real danger..
swirt said:
I have one of those weed burners. I use it to kill weeds rather than use Roundup (which justs ends up in the lake). Fun to use for a while, but can be a real danger.
Are you doing weeds on a patio or some such? (Not large swaths of lawn area.) If so, vinegar works. It takes a couple of days and it's best to do it when the sun will be out full strength. The directions I had said to spray it on the weeds. Forget that, pour it right out of the bottle.

We have found nothing but round up works. No other brand. I am talking about parking lot weeds and such. Garden weeds have to pulled and they still evolve and live on...

I have one of those weed burners. I use it to kill weeds rather than use Roundup (which justs ends up in the lake). Fun to use for a while, but can be a real danger..
swirt said:
Are you doing weeds on a patio or some such? (Not large swaths of lawn area.) If so, vinegar works. It takes a couple of days and it's best to do it when the sun will be out full strength. The directions I had said to spray it on the weeds. Forget that, pour it right out of the bottle.
Our driveway and parking area is dirt/rock and fairly long, so there is a lot of battle to be done with the weeds. I've heard about using vinegar (vinegar with salt if my memory is correct). I'll have to give it a try.

swirt said:
Our driveway and parking area is dirt/rock and fairly long, so there is a lot of battle to be done with the weeds. I've heard about using vinegar (vinegar with salt if my memory is correct). I'll have to give it a try.
swirt said:
I didn't find that the addition of salt did what I heard it would- keep the weeds from returning, ever again, like in the Bible. So I just went with the vinegar. Everything browns up in a couple of days.

swirt said:
Got any tips for getting rid of grasshoppers eating my vegetable garden? Besides renting a chicken?

swirt said:
Got any tips for getting rid of grasshoppers eating my vegetable garden? Besides renting a chicken?
LOL my Weed Burner does a nice job with any bugs in its path, but the downside would be that it would blanch your vegetables while they are still on the vine :(

swirt said:
My friend in TX has chickens and that's a nice bonus :)

Back