Score one for the B&Bs

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penelope

Reaction score
My dad has been travelling for years across the eastern part of the country. His region is the entire area east of the Mississippi River. He's always stayed at hotels becuase of the nature of his business. He needs to be near the factories and centers he visits.
Last week, he headed to SC for his multi-annual trip on business. I forced/coereced/pleaded/convinced him to try a B&B there that was within 5 miles of the factory he was calling on. He usually just stays at the HI Express down the road from it.
It was his first time in a B&B and he LOVED it. He loved...guess. The free wifi. Free parking. Great coffee. Amazing beds. Wonderful linens. The hosts. The peace and quiet. Yep, everything that everyone touts...
He said that's the only place he'll stay when he goes there now. I was so happy. Happy for the B&B and happy for him. I keep telling my folks to just try it. It's like when my kids were little and we had something new for dinner. You had to take at least one bite before you could tell me if you liked it or not. You don't know if you like it or not if you don't try it.
Now I just have to get him to look for the B&Bs in the other states he travels to.

Congratulations on the great sales job.
thumbs_up.gif
It is not always an easy sell.
BBBob

1990_dancing.gif

Just today my "first time B&B'ers" said, "I travel all the time on business, never thought of looking for a B&B, I WILL from now on. So much nicer and quiet too." And they haven't even slept in the bed or have breakie yet!!!
It's getting them to try it... you would think it was like going through the black hole or something!

1990_dancing.gif

Just today my "first time B&B'ers" said, "I travel all the time on business, never thought of looking for a B&B, I WILL from now on. So much nicer and quiet too." And they haven't even slept in the bed or have breakie yet!!!
It's getting them to try it... you would think it was like going through the black hole or something!.
Years ago, a lady who worked for the State of Oklahoma as a laywer for one of their agencies stayed with us because the B & B she usually stayed with when visiting family were going to be out of town. She stayed with them originally because either they were closest lodging or the family had made the initial rez for her (she found she had family in this area and came to visit until they died off).
She happened to be here when our grandsons were visiting and I had heard her return quite early. We were just having a soup & rolls supper that evening so I went up and tapped on her door to tell her what we were having and ask if she would care to join us. She did. When she checked out, she told me she had no idea other B & Bs were this friendly and nice - she thought that was just the way it was at the usual B & B. She then told me that from that point on, when the State had her traveling she would stay in a B & B even if it meant she had to pay the difference in the rate over the per diem. We stayed in touch for years until she retired. That was the only time she stayed here (we were just the fill-in that time) - I do not steal regulars.

It just seems that any first time B & B er and if they go to a B & B and had a great experience they tend to become lifelong B & B rs, I always tell my first timers that most if not all B & B's are great but there are those lemons out there.
Congratulations and hurray for the B & B's!

Back