SCORE!

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Well I scored!
Got a nutty professor.
You know how I prefer the eccentric guests to the run of the mill boring accountants and such. Every now and again one will arrive and make me "not think normally" or "act normally" as I can never anticipate their next move or sentence. I like that!
On top of it all, these guests told me of 7 days on the road this was the best B&B! I really appreciated that. He said he needed a GPS to find his way out of the bathroom (yeah stayed in the room with biggest bathroom/smallest room.) loved the room, loved everything.
They had stayed in one B&B which I have heard of in our state where trains rocket through all night long, yeah it is for sale, it is always for sale. They said the innkeeper did all she could do to make it nice, but those trains! They also thought our town was quite something, people, traffic, things to do. They said it was really booming. I said "Here?" They said they had been in some pretty small towns on this trip!

Interesting. I typed that inn into google and got their location showing the google BED icon right on the tracks, then the dozens+ of reviews all saying "peaceful" only two mentioned the trains. I have heard that you are in the i love lucy episode there the whole room rattles, these guests told me that without me asking any details, no sleep whatsoever. Nice place, bad location.
"peaceful, and tranquil escape. We didn’t hear any of the usual comings and goings of other guests. Only the sounds of nature and a whistle of the train could be heard, which was just what we needed to relax and unwind."

Interesting. I typed that inn into google and got their location showing the google BED icon right on the tracks, then the dozens+ of reviews all saying "peaceful" only two mentioned the trains. I have heard that you are in the i love lucy episode there the whole room rattles, these guests told me that without me asking any details, no sleep whatsoever. Nice place, bad location.
"peaceful, and tranquil escape. We didn’t hear any of the usual comings and goings of other guests. Only the sounds of nature and a whistle of the train could be heard, which was just what we needed to relax and unwind.".
Joey Bloggs said:
"peaceful, and tranquil escape. We didn’t hear any of the usual comings and goings of other guests. Only the sounds of nature and a whistle of the train could be heard, which was just what we needed to relax and unwind."
Obviously either train lovers or people who live near the railroad at home.
I lived in an apt that was across the courtyard from a factory that had a railroad spur to receive materials and ship out product AND in the direct glide path for O'Hare Airport. Trains would park next to the building at 2 AM - have you ever been near a deisel train engine idling that had the rumble contained between 2 buildings 50 yards apart (maybe that far) and jets landing and taking off overhead every few mintutes? In less than a week, I did not consciously hear either one - and I grew up on a farm!

"peaceful, and tranquil escape. We didn’t hear any of the usual comings and goings of other guests. Only the sounds of nature and a whistle of the train could be heard, which was just what we needed to relax and unwind.".
Joey Bloggs said:
I lived in an apt that was across the courtyard from a factory that had a railroad spur to receive materials and ship out product AND in the direct glide path for O'Hare Airport. Trains would park next to the building at 2 AM - have you ever been near a deisel train engine idling that had the rumble contained between 2 buildings 50 yards apart (maybe that far) and jets landing and taking off overhead every few mintutes? In less than a week, I did not consciously hear either one - and I grew up on a farm!
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Or a planted review....
sad_smile.gif

As mentioned we stayed in a B&B last fall where the VERY busy tracks were right behind the place, and it was not just the train going by, it was a staging area for cars to be picked up or dropped off. The noise of that was window shattering (almost). No or little sleep there even though the beds were very comfortable and place was charming. I don't think even ear plugs would help, but if I had been there one more night I would have purchased some to try.

Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Or a planted review....
sad_smile.gif

As mentioned we stayed in a B&B last fall where the VERY busy tracks were right behind the place, and it was not just the train going by, it was a staging area for cars to be picked up or dropped off. The noise of that was window shattering (almost). No or little sleep there even though the beds were very comfortable and place was charming. I don't think even ear plugs would help, but if I had been there one more night I would have purchased some to try.
Nope ear plugs didn't help me there either :-( I always travel with them and nothing short of a sleeping pill helped at that place:-( And even then I was not sleeping soundly. Poor folks that bought it..and now trying to sell....hmmmm I wonder why?

Joey Bloggs said:
gillumhouse said:
Joey Bloggs said:
Or a planted review....
sad_smile.gif

Nope ear plugs didn't help me there either :-( I always travel with them and nothing short of a sleeping pill helped at that place:-( And even then I was not sleeping soundly. Poor folks that bought it..and now trying to sell....hmmmm I wonder why?
catlady said:
It is lovely, the website is nice but the trains...and I LIKE TRAINS.

Back