Screaming match

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alibi Ike

Reaction score
2 kids in their room. Parents at computer in living room getting flight info. Kids are SCREAMING at the top of their lungs at each other. I can hear them. Parents seem oblivious. I say to parents, 'Are they killing each other?' (ie- I can hear them, EVERYONE can hear them.) Parent says, 'I certainly hope not,' and goes back to what they were doing.
Finally, Grandma steps in and goes to the door of the room and says something. (I didn't hear that, she didn't yell.) Immediate and prolonged silence. Thank you Grandma.

people with kids have a higher tolerance to noise. we have neighbours at the back of one of our properties who are yealling-screaming-and crying for what looks like (to us) entire day. if somebody had a dog making that much noise I am sure some by-law would be enforced and yet this kids are still going and going.

Once again, it's not the kids that are the problem..
Yes Breakdast Diva I agree. that is why when children enter our B&B I talk to the children and tell them my rules of behaviour. With parent standing right there. What happens when rules are broken. To date I have had very little trouble, with the children. Now MUM and DAD ohie!when the kids are good before they leave I telll them and some times I reward them.

people with kids have a higher tolerance to noise. we have neighbours at the back of one of our properties who are yealling-screaming-and crying for what looks like (to us) entire day. if somebody had a dog making that much noise I am sure some by-law would be enforced and yet this kids are still going and going..
April said:
people with kids have a higher tolerance to noise. we have neighbours at the back of one of our properties who are yealling-screaming-and crying for what looks like (to us) entire day. if somebody had a dog making that much noise I am sure some by-law would be enforced and yet this kids are still going and going.
I agree. When I went away to college and returned I discovered that I was visiting the LOUD family. I had no idea. No one knew how to talk. I started to talk in a whisper so they would all have to be quiet to hear me. I just couldn't take how LOUD they all were. Most people think you need to yell to be heard, you need to whisper to be heard sometimes.

Ya know what is loud? Right now? There is a kid outside somewhere down the block bouncing a basket ball...I can feel it in my teeth in my jaw and in my ears...what the!
whattha.gif

Made me think of the ole saying "children should be seen and not heard"!

Back