Screenfly: allows you to view your website on a variety of device screens and resolutions

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
[COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]Screenfly: allows you to view your website on a variety of device screens and resolutions -[/COLOR][COLOR= rgb(68, 68, 68)]http://bit.ly/k3fDb3[/COLOR]
JB - -
HERE YA GO! Check a few pages of your site, besides the home page. This is terrific. Mobile, tablets, desktops, etc. Wow blackberry pretty much bites the dust on our website. Tablet is great. Our home page is not showing images, might be due to the SIZE of the image, but rooms page shows all images. So test a few pages.

If there is FLASH, it isn't being seen. I just got a Kindle and you can view websites now with it..has 3 G. It is slow and awkward to maneuver sites, but I got this one fine. Those with FLASH...NOT. Will not view them.

None of my images are showing, even a small 35kb gif file. I have to say I have seen my website on phones and it looks a lot better than what is showing up here. Even on the 'desktop' setting hardly anything was showing properly.

Doesn't seem to work. I have an iphone and ipad and it was not even close.

None of my images are showing, even a small 35kb gif file. I have to say I have seen my website on phones and it looks a lot better than what is showing up here. Even on the 'desktop' setting hardly anything was showing properly..
Alibi Ike said:
None of my images are showing, even a small 35kb gif file. I have to say I have seen my website on phones and it looks a lot better than what is showing up here. Even on the 'desktop' setting hardly anything was showing properly.
Ike I just put yours in, then I clicked on HOME and it showed up, images and all. Now I went to your rooms and your breakfats page and it shows an error, I have your page in another window and it works.
Says The server at www.blackdoginn.combreakfast.htm can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. (I changed it to "black dog") it shows no / after .com on the screenfly I notice, but shows it on your website as a forward slash / .htm

Doesn't seem to work. I have an iphone and ipad and it was not even close..
toddburme said:
Doesn't seem to work. I have an iphone and ipad and it was not even close.
Todd I clicked WELCOME on your bottom bar and it populated the whole page with images. Click WELCOME and check it out.

None of my images are showing, even a small 35kb gif file. I have to say I have seen my website on phones and it looks a lot better than what is showing up here. Even on the 'desktop' setting hardly anything was showing properly..
Alibi Ike said:
Ike I just put yours in, then I clicked on HOME and it showed up, images and all. Now I went to your rooms and your breakfats page and it shows an error, I have your page in another window and it works.
Says The server at www.blackdoginn.combreakfast.htm can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed. (I changed it to "black dog") it shows no / after .com on the screenfly I notice, but shows it on your website as a forward slash / .htm
OK, this is odd. If I click the links everything works, but if I just load the page into the tester no pix show up. And I got the brekkie page to load.
It even shows the slide show.
But, I am looking at what it is trying to load now and yes, the pages are not showing correctly. The '/' is missing in all of them. So, it won't load.
Odd. It worked once and then not again.

WOOHOO!! Thanks. I showed up on all of them, some more squished than others, but there.

This is not even close to being accurate. Like others here, none of my images show up and none of my menus work even though they work flawlessly on REAL mobile devices.
Nice idea, but poor implementation.
Speaking of Adobe Flash. iPads and iPhones are not using it for a very good reason. It's a propriotary application and does not meet universal web standards.
If you have Flash on your websites, I highly recommend switching to Javascript or something else that's compliant with the new HTML 5 standard. Then you won't have to worry which devices it will work on.

If your images are not showing click the "no proxy server" option on the home page. That made mine show up.
Riki

That worked for me too. Everything shows up great, including the flash of the pictures.
Whew!

Back