Seal Poop ..... (or - it could only happen to me)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Tipsy Butler

Reaction score
I know guests like my breakfasts, but I should have known that, in my case, fame (or infamy) would show itself in a very unlikely fashion.
Just had the best group of guests leave. Fabulous people. They were here to film a NatGeo episode about one of the finalists in a National Geographer competition. The person they were filming specializes in seals and in particular extracting DNA from seal poop (their words, not mine) - which, as I understand it, she bakes first.
Their script called for them to look for a really good cobbler that they could use as an analogy for baked seal poop. Say yummy things, take a bite and then show how she does the same thing with you know what.
I served them a pear / apple / blueberry / raspberry crisp on their first day ..... I also had friends staying so had made a few extra ...... and I now have the dubious pleasure of waiting for the episode to air so I can watch my fruit starter be compared to seal poop.

Make sure you post it so we can all watch too!
I always knew you had it in ya! haha

I hope the comparison comes off favorably. ;).
The scenario:
I'm in the kitchen plating my main course and very happily listening to Oohs and Aahs and gratifying sounds of happiness as they eat their starter when I hear:
"Oh My God guys - STOP. We've just eaten the perfect seal poop"
What would you think? My face must have said it all - I went rushing into the dining room and they just started to laugh.

The scenario:
I'm in the kitchen plating my main course and very happily listening to Oohs and Aahs and gratifying sounds of happiness as they eat their starter when I hear:
What would you think? My face must have said it all - I went rushing into the dining room and they just started to laugh.
HUH..oh my!!! I can just imagine what you were thinking!!! Too cool...let us know when it will air :) I hope you will get some credit somewhere

I cannot think of anyone else who could pull that off in a positive way!

That is really neat! I wonder if they will credit the crisp! For a bit I was afraid you were going to say they wanted to borrow your oven!

and you thought you would not find others who are excited about poop. Never say never.
chef.gif

The scenario:
OK, now I have to see this.... make sure you post the air date.

Back