Security Metrics and PCI compliance

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Girl

Reaction score
Is Security Metrics a legitimate company? I keep getting emails and calls from them about being PCI compliant. This is new to me and I've been doing this for a long time. Wouldn't the credit card processing company be the one to make sure of that?

If they are calling you and emailing you..delete and hang up. Don't talk to anyone about your credit card processing except your own company. They fact that they are calling and emailing you cold..is a sure sign...forget it.

Could be legit, could be a scam, contact your CC processor and discuss your PCI compliance needs with them as they either 1) had them contact you, (but should have informed you first) or 2) have a compliance co. they work with.
My processor informs me in my mthly statement. They use to have the same company email us for our yearly compliance test and fee. Many including myself had also received other PCI emails - scams; so now our processor has it done through their website and payment is through them so we know it is legit.

In a previous business, SM was hired by the CC processor to check my PCI compliance. But check with your CC processor. We don't have that anymore. though.

Back