Security of your Innkeeper Quarters

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The lock went on our kitchen door this past Spring. Same reason..
my mum many years ago had her car stolen from the B&B she worked in someone walked in the front door straight into the kitchen took her handbag and car keys and took the car as well. more recently 4 bags of laundry (dirty) were taken from the back of one of my neighbours watched by their dogs but left their laptops came through the back door while they were in. my neighbour stuart had his car stolen in this way. my neighbour bev had a burglar come through her bathroom window couldn't get out of the bathroom but damaged all the shower cubicle which they had to climb on to get down which cost to fix. My next door neighbour has an ornamental bridge and that was stolen and left 2 miles away but at least she got it back. its why we have no garden furniture on the front it attracts drunks walking home. I think part of the problem is the recession it seems to be an attitude change of I'll get everything I can even if I don't want it. It was going that way but it seems to be getting worce.
its why we have no garden furniture on the front it attracts drunks walking home.
Luckily it hasn't been drunks, but we have a bench on the front lawn that has a fair number of random people sitting on it in the shade. I should put a brochure rack on the back!

The lock went on our kitchen door this past Spring. Same reason..
my mum many years ago had her car stolen from the B&B she worked in someone walked in the front door straight into the kitchen took her handbag and car keys and took the car as well. more recently 4 bags of laundry (dirty) were taken from the back of one of my neighbours watched by their dogs but left their laptops came through the back door while they were in. my neighbour stuart had his car stolen in this way. my neighbour bev had a burglar come through her bathroom window couldn't get out of the bathroom but damaged all the shower cubicle which they had to climb on to get down which cost to fix. My next door neighbour has an ornamental bridge and that was stolen and left 2 miles away but at least she got it back. its why we have no garden furniture on the front it attracts drunks walking home. I think part of the problem is the recession it seems to be an attitude change of I'll get everything I can even if I don't want it. It was going that way but it seems to be getting worce.
its why we have no garden furniture on the front it attracts drunks walking home.
Luckily it hasn't been drunks, but we have a bench on the front lawn that has a fair number of random people sitting on it in the shade. I should put a brochure rack on the back!
I meant in a "gosh wouldn't it be soo funny to pinch this as I am sooo drunk" crowd. we have a building site across the road from us at the moment one of my guests was up in the night for a drink of water and saw two chaps trying to get a third down from the arm of a mechanical digger idiots.

Separate quarters IS VERY important. I refuse to live in just my bedroom so we do did have a living room and DH had the sunroom as his workshop. The "living room" has become his art studio so now I live in the Library/office. Hiding would be nice sometimes.

Separate quarters IS VERY important. I refuse to live in just my bedroom so we do did have a living room and DH had the sunroom as his workshop. The "living room" has become his art studio so now I live in the Library/office. Hiding would be nice sometimes..
My aunt keeps on suggesting that we should finish and move into the semi-basement and have private space.

Separate quarters IS VERY important. I refuse to live in just my bedroom so we do did have a living room and DH had the sunroom as his workshop. The "living room" has become his art studio so now I live in the Library/office. Hiding would be nice sometimes..
My aunt keeps on suggesting that we should finish and move into the semi-basement and have private space.
If you don't have private quarters, and this is a feasible option. DO IT! This will only help for resale down the road. NOTE: If you do it right :)

Eric Arthur Blair said:
If you could afford both the time and the money to do it, then I would go for it! It will change your life. I really don't think I could do this job/life if I shared walls with our guests. It will also be very valuable if you ever choose to sell.

Back