Select Registry

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks like a small 3-room inn may be able to join Select Registry according to their application.
Collections Type (please one):
B&B Collection: Each property in the Select Registry Bed and Breakfast Collection is smaller, resembles a private home, and typically offers 3 to 15 rooms. At the very least, a morning meal is served for guests, who often sit together to eat. The B&B is usually staffed by the owner and/or manager, and the atmosphere is more familiar and intimate.
Inn Collection: Each property in the Select Registry Inn Collection is often larger than a B&B, offering 10 to 40 rooms. The inn will typically prepare a hearty breakfast daily, and often offer a full dinner to guests only (or to guests and public) three or more nights per week. The inn is usually staffed by the owner, manager and/or staff, and the atmosphere is professional and attentive without being overly personal.
Boutique Hotel Collection: Each property in the Select Registry Boutique HOtel Collection is an independent property, and is typically larger, with 20+ rooms and a wider range of amenities and services traditionally associated with large hotels. Breakfast and other meals may or may not be served, but there are usually dining establishments nearby. The boutique hotel is typically staffed by the manager and staff, and the atmosphere is less personal — more of what you would expect from a larger property. - See more at: http://www.selectregistry.com/become-a-member/membership-application.asp#sthash.YIkq6a0X.dpuf.
This falls into the "Know who you are (or not)" category. I do not have all private baths for one. And I know I would no be comfortable as a Select Registry as there is nothing select about me or my B & B. We are both just comfortable small town. Kudos to those who can do it.

Take it as a compliment. :).
jkarennj said:
Take it as a compliment. :)
I just gave out two of the brand new books to guests at my current innsit on Monday. One couple were new to this inn, but stayed two nights - one in each direction - and said they came here because it was SR and only stayed at SR places. The other couple were aspiring innkeepers whose ears perked up when they heard that. We had already suggested they consider membership when they got to a place.
FWIW, the Tesla ball really got rolling when SR inns began their partnership with Tesla. Tesla is obviously not limiting its B&B partners to SR inns only, but I wonder if they would have been as eager to partner if the way hadn't already been paved.
In your opinion, is belonging good for the members? Hard to tell from only one property. I think Gil lum is doing the right thing with the charger, SR or not.
Skamokawa said:
In your opinion, is belonging good for the members?
having the charger is a good thing for almost anyone, especially when the cost is practically zero for acquiring it. Even places with some surcharges on the electric can recoup it easily with a service fee, recommended at $15.
being in SR has to be weighed out for everybody, but we felt it was worth it. We got enough bookings to pay for it, and we got value out of the referrals and networking. Some said it added value in our sale - I think it just helped us look good to some of the B&B brokers.
we sold our inn just as Jay became CEO, and I would have liked to see where he would take the organization. But, he's just announced his departure, so I hope his initiatives have enough momentum to continue.

jkarennj said:
I just gave out two of the brand new books to guests at my current innsit on Monday. One couple were new to this inn, but stayed two nights - one in each direction - and said they came here because it was SR and only stayed at SR places. The other couple were aspiring innkeepers whose ears perked up when they heard that. We had already suggested they consider membership when they got to a place.
FWIW, the Tesla ball really got rolling when SR inns began their partnership with Tesla. Tesla is obviously not limiting its B&B partners to SR inns only, but I wonder if they would have been as eager to partner if the way hadn't already been paved.
In your opinion, is belonging good for the members? Hard to tell from only one property. I think Gil lum is doing the right thing with the charger, SR or not.
Skamokawa said:
having the charger is a good thing for almost anyone, especially when the cost is practically zero for acquiring it. Even places with some surcharges on the electric can recoup it easily with a service fee, recommended at $15.
being in SR has to be weighed out for everybody, but we felt it was worth it. We got enough bookings to pay for it, and we got value out of the referrals and networking. Some said it added value in our sale - I think it just helped us look good to some of the B&B brokers.
we sold our inn just as Jay became CEO, and I would have liked to see where he would take the organization. But, he's just announced his departure, so I hope his initiatives have enough momentum to continue.
muirford said:
we sold our inn just as Jay became CEO...he's just announced his departure...
Wow! Didn't know that. Hope he's not leaving the hospitality industry!
I was around him when PAII was in Little Rock. It was like being near John Lennon or something.

jkarennj said:
Skamokawa said:
muirford said:
we sold our inn just as Jay became CEO...he's just announced his departure...
I was around him when PAII was in Little Rock. It was like being near John Lennon or something.
Arks said:
Back to a golf association, from whence he came.
John Lennon, that's funny.
regular_smile.gif

One of our old inn-mates is going to be really happy with the new membership options.

I follow many online, I need to keep my thumb on the pulse, you WANT everyone to follow you... share more photos, I am always saying that.
thumbs_up.gif

Iris,
Of course I liked your page! I love following all bed and breakfasts / Inns and have a great love for the industry in general. I enjoy looking at all of the pictures and seeing what what great things the innkeepers are doing. Liking your page is one more opportunity that others will see your page through my own friends and followers! We are by no means desperate... we just love the industry! :)

Iris,
Of course I liked your page! I love following all bed and breakfasts / Inns and have a great love for the industry in general. I enjoy looking at all of the pictures and seeing what what great things the innkeepers are doing. Liking your page is one more opportunity that others will see your page through my own friends and followers! We are by no means desperate... we just love the industry! :).
thanks susan foe checking in. there are still lots of wary innkeepers of social media
thumbs_up.gif

Iris,
Of course I liked your page! I love following all bed and breakfasts / Inns and have a great love for the industry in general. I enjoy looking at all of the pictures and seeing what what great things the innkeepers are doing. Liking your page is one more opportunity that others will see your page through my own friends and followers! We are by no means desperate... we just love the industry! :).
SusangSR said:
Iris,
Of course I liked your page! I love following all bed and breakfasts / Inns and have a great love for the industry in general. I enjoy looking at all of the pictures and seeing what what great things the innkeepers are doing. Liking your page is one more opportunity that others will see your page through my own friends and followers! We are by no means desperate... we just love the industry! :)
Susan, thank you for that. I like as many likes as I can get. This question came about because there was another thread with a discussion about SR. that's all. It made me wonder. Like away

Back