Select Registry

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iris

Reaction score
our fb page was liked today by someone by the name of S usan from Se lect Re gistry. are they getting desperate? We most certainly don't fit their profile and would never spend the money belonging
omg_smile.gif

thumbs_up.gif
They must have thought it was good to like! Take it as a compliment.

I got that recently also. Maybe they're just trying to keep a pulse on the industry.

Take it as a compliment. :).
Good to 'see' you! One of my favorite ( other than ours of course ) inns is SR, (Seaview). Good to see SR is in good hands. Hope you get out this way sometime. Their wine list is to die for.

I am curious if people think any of these type organizations or directories (SR or others I am not aware of) are worth a paid listing anymore.
A few months, I checked the I Love Inns, Bed and break fast, and a few others. Bed and break fast had far more web traffic than the others, FWIW
On the same note, do you find any free directories that bring you and traffic (now, in 2015). I am doubtful, but there is a lot of things out there...

jkarennj said:
Take it as a compliment. :)
I just gave out two of the brand new books to guests at my current innsit on Monday. One couple were new to this inn, but stayed two nights - one in each direction - and said they came here because it was SR and only stayed at SR places. The other couple were aspiring innkeepers whose ears perked up when they heard that. We had already suggested they consider membership when they got to a place.
FWIW, the Tesla ball really got rolling when SR inns began their partnership with Tesla. Tesla is obviously not limiting its B&B partners to SR inns only, but I wonder if they would have been as eager to partner if the way hadn't already been paved.

I hadn't checked out SR requirements in a very long time. Seems it used to be 5 rooms min requirement. Don't remember the B&B category. We are s o close to meeting their B&B standards even with only two rooms. Didn't see what the yearly fee is. Probably would faint.

jkarennj said:
I just gave out two of the brand new books to guests at my current innsit on Monday. One couple were new to this inn, but stayed two nights - one in each direction - and said they came here because it was SR and only stayed at SR places. The other couple were aspiring innkeepers whose ears perked up when they heard that. We had already suggested they consider membership when they got to a place.
FWIW, the Tesla ball really got rolling when SR inns began their partnership with Tesla. Tesla is obviously not limiting its B&B partners to SR inns only, but I wonder if they would have been as eager to partner if the way hadn't already been paved.
In your opinion, is belonging good for the members? Hard to tell from only one property. I think Gil lum is doing the right thing with the charger, SR or not.

jkarennj said:
In your opinion, is belonging good for the members? Hard to tell from only one property. I think Gil lum is doing the right thing with the charger, SR or not.
Thanks, Kathleen. I think they may have because of the location factor. I think they jumped on it for me because I pointed out my location - halfway between 2 major cities and less than 10 miles from an Interstate. Locating where chargers already exist (or do not) will be a deciding factor. the more places they can go and not be stranded, the better the chances of making sales. Good marketing.

It looks like a small 3-room inn may be able to join Select Registry according to their application.
Collections Type (please one):
B&B Collection: Each property in the Select Registry Bed and Breakfast Collection is smaller, resembles a private home, and typically offers 3 to 15 rooms. At the very least, a morning meal is served for guests, who often sit together to eat. The B&B is usually staffed by the owner and/or manager, and the atmosphere is more familiar and intimate.
Inn Collection: Each property in the Select Registry Inn Collection is often larger than a B&B, offering 10 to 40 rooms. The inn will typically prepare a hearty breakfast daily, and often offer a full dinner to guests only (or to guests and public) three or more nights per week. The inn is usually staffed by the owner, manager and/or staff, and the atmosphere is professional and attentive without being overly personal.
Boutique Hotel Collection: Each property in the Select Registry Boutique HOtel Collection is an independent property, and is typically larger, with 20+ rooms and a wider range of amenities and services traditionally associated with large hotels. Breakfast and other meals may or may not be served, but there are usually dining establishments nearby. The boutique hotel is typically staffed by the manager and staff, and the atmosphere is less personal — more of what you would expect from a larger property. - See more at: http://www.selectregistry.com/become-a-member/membership-application.asp#sthash.YIkq6a0X.dpuf

Back