Self helps for innkeepers

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
This should really go under, "innkeeper sanity tips".
Anyway, a few little things I discovered lately that are helping me gear up for high season, wanted to share with those of you that have exhaustion and pain issues, like me!
#1 Yoga, I've been going daily, it is really helping, got a monthly pass, like a gym membership. I go right after breakfast, DH doesn't argue, he knows it will extend his life. Come back, the inn is still there and so are the chores.
#2 A neti pot... you've seen them on TV? They work. I live in the high desert and for about the last 18 months suffered from extremely dry nasal passages, often bloody (sorry), painful, and allergies. With all the cleaning we do, the Neti process cleans out all the dust from Spring cleaning, dirt from gardening, allergens, and no more bloody nose. It's cleared up the post nasal drip (which helps with my singing) and I didn't get the sinus infection/bronchitis I usually get with the last cold I caught, didn't even have to take any meds like sudafed.
#3 Delta Sleep System. Often at the end of the day I am WOUND!
cry_smile.gif
I downloaded this delta sleep system mp3 and I let it run all night on my cd player, it really helps me sleep soundly, when I am having trouble sleeping. After a few nights of listening to it, I can fall asleep very quickly.
#4 Coconut Milk Yogurt. Sounds weird, it's delicious and does not taste like coconut (unless you get coconut flavor) As a singer, avoiding dairy, I missed yogurt, Now I can have yogurt, with all the beneficial bacteria, calcium, no congestion, and for those who are lactose intolerant it's great. Your vegan/no dairy guests will love it. Low-cal, not too high in fat (6g) wish it had more protein, but if you can't have the real thing, it's a great substitution. Comes in a bunch of flavors, my fav is strawberry banana.
regular_smile.gif

Anyone else want to share their self-helps as we head into high gear?

I agree with yoga and stretching...do it daily along with daily mediation. THe neti pot..I couldn't master..but use the NEILMED method..it is a squeeze bottle and it is much easier to use than the neti....Daily nasal rinsing has definitely made an improvement for me..though I still have an occasional bout of sinusitis. You can buy at most WalMart and drug stores now...so I don't have to order from Amazon any longer.
Where do you find coconut milk yogurt??? I like regular yogurt but for some odd reason it does not like me:-(
The sleep thing...I am still desparately working on.....I just purchased the CD...so I'll give it a shot. See what my sleep counselor says about it next week;-)

Walk. Everyday. Just to get out of the house.
Eat nuts. I go thru phases...cashews one week, pistachios the next, almonds, peanut butter. I eat them either as a snack or as my lunch.

Working hard in the yard clearing branches from last Dec. ice storm has made me feel much stronger and healthier. I love being outside and the fresh air works wonders towards a good night's sleep. I would love to try yoga.

1. Visit with my favorite brothers ....the Cabernet brothers... Franc and Sauvignon ;)
  2. Sit on the deck and watch the lake with Jimmy Buffet playing.
  3. Invite the Cabernet bothers to join me on the deck :)

1. Visit with my favorite brothers ....the Cabernet brothers... Franc and Sauvignon ;)
Oh man I'm there! You said it!!!!
RIki

I get it at vitamin cottage, but I've seen it at Safeway for twice the price. I buy by the case for less $$.

Walk. Everyday. Just to get out of the house.
Eat nuts. I go thru phases...cashews one week, pistachios the next, almonds, peanut butter. I eat them either as a snack or as my lunch..
You are what you eat!
smileystooges.gif

Now I would take that if I could bring along the Dr. - Dr. Frank, that is. I always liked his pours!

Now I would take that if I could bring along the Dr. - Dr. Frank, that is. I always liked his pours!
There was just a fire at Dr. Frank's last night. The tasting room caught fire. :(
http://blog.syracuse.com/farms/2009/04/new_tasting_room_at_winery_des.html

Today, an hour on the hammock with my husband, talking about all the wonderful things we will do this summer...
Now, I just have to dig the hammock out of the barn and "schedule" our time to relax before the guests return.(Doesn't that defeat the purpose if I have to schedule it?)..It could happen...? Just thinking about it makes me happy though.

Watching the birds come in and listening to the wonderful simphony of spring, working on the yard, property, even weeding (takes me away like calgon), reading....sitting by the pond. The most joy I have found this week is that the hummers are back! Hearing them chirp and not only one but many makes me so very happy :)

Back