Quantcast

Selling

INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources

Help Support INNspiring.com | Innkeeper Forum & Innkeeping Resources:

Chardon20

Reaction score
Any creative ideas on selling a B&B? It's taking forever to come up with all of the sites that will post a listing. I'm ready to sell now, but no nibbles.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
Welcome Chardon20.
My understanding (from word of mouth) is that www.bbonline.com and www.bedandbreakfastforsale.com are the top sites for the most traffic.
www.innshopper.com is a member here and has put together a nice site that is getting better exposure all the time.
I just listed my own place for sale so its a bit early for me to be offering any specific advice. ;)

NW BB

Reaction score
Do you have a real estate agent who specializes in selling B&Bs? If not, I would highly suggest it.

Penelope

Reaction score
List it here. This site is not just innkeepers, it's aspirings, too.

Willowpondgj

Reaction score
Do you have a real estate agent who specializes in selling B&Bs? If not, I would highly suggest it..
And one that specializes in your area/state...
While it was a family friend who found our place, we had a terrific team of agents work with us, who specialize in Colorado B&B's...really made things go smoothly...

joyceann

Reaction score
question for the group - someone has purchased our former b&b (alas, we lost it to the bank) and now is interested in us for several things. one - they want our guest list. any ideas of what this is worth? two - they are interested in us running it for them. any suggestions of what this might be worth? it is a seasonal area so we are talking about summer only - the last summer we were open we did $65k. thank you for your input.

swirt

Forum founder. Former Owner.
Reaction score
question for the group - someone has purchased our former b&b (alas, we lost it to the bank) and now is interested in us for several things. one - they want our guest list. any ideas of what this is worth? two - they are interested in us running it for them. any suggestions of what this might be worth? it is a seasonal area so we are talking about summer only - the last summer we were open we did $65k. thank you for your input..
Hi Joyceann and welcome to Innspiring.
I am going to ask that create a new forum topic for this. There is bound to be some discussion on this but we would need soooo many more details. (size of guest list, age of guest list, number of rooms ....)