Seminars, Mentors or Workshops

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dcalfee

Reaction score
I am in Florida. Does anyone know of Seminars, or Workshops that I can go to. Of course I want to find out so much more before I buy an Inn or B&B. I would love to spend the weekend at an inn and see firsthand behind the scenes and day to day workings. Anyone?

Your best bet is to contact the FL state innkeeping association and have them get you touch with someone in your area who will let you shadow them for a weekend. You should expect to pay for that privilege.
Another option is to search for working holidays where you pay to stay and you do all the work.
Don't expect to get any detailed numbers from this. You'll see what it looks like to operate a B&B, but no one will tell you what the money side of things is.

you won't see much in a weekend. That is when innkeeper is usually the busiest and doesn't have time to have someone follow them around. Unless they know you and know you well, you'll never really get their inside information and even then probably not. Read all you can, take as many classes or seminars you can. And SAVE YOUR MONEY....it is not cheap and no one is going to loan it to you..unless you have a rich uncle somewhere :)

Our SEO training is the best face-to-face SEO education available. We offer a search engine optimization (SEO) training workshops created by SEO experts. The workshops designed for all learning styles and levels of knowledge. This SEO training workshop is ideal for anyone who is looking for immediate results.

Back