Senior Discount

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
Do you offer a senior discount?
I ask as I am secretly here to post something from our paper that is too funny. There is a special insert today called "Senior Living" and in this living section there is a big ad for a cemetery and mausoleum that says:
Mountain View Memorial Park
25% OFF Senior Citizen Appreciation
(*No other discounts apply)
Mind you within the 8 pages of this insert there is indeed a large ad on every single page for a different funeral home and crematory. This is the only with a COUPON and boasting a Senior Appreciation Discount. I am sure they are appreciative of all the seniors - keeps business booming.
What a horrible Senior Living section, horrible!!! They tell you to stop by today to get your discount. Feet first?

Now THAT has me ROTFLMAO. Thanks for making my day!
Just one question, if a Senior does come in 'feet first' and their non-senior children come in to make the arrangments, is the discount offered? Just askin'!

This insert is really really terrible, the whole back page is a giant color ad for another funeral home. What senior wants to read this, oh and hold onto your seats - the small print on the ad for senior appreciation states "55 and older" Sheesh!
Yeah really who gets the discount, the family or the deceased? Oh and you know those pensioners trying to combine discounts.

I can hear the kids now - hurry and die already...the coupon is about to expire.
Sorry, this has me in tears.....This really should be on the air...I thought it was Jay that did the newspaper segment? Is he back on the Tonight show now? Guess you can tell I am not keeping up with that battle.

This insert is really really terrible, the whole back page is a giant color ad for another funeral home. What senior wants to read this, oh and hold onto your seats - the small print on the ad for senior appreciation states "55 and older" Sheesh!
Yeah really who gets the discount, the family or the deceased? Oh and you know those pensioners trying to combine discounts..
In a similar vein, my 'oldies' station has been running a fairly non-stop ad for a senior's event next week. They start off with, 'What's the number one questions seniors are asking? When's the next Senior's Event!'
Yeah right. That's all that's on the minds of we old geezers. (Personally, I want to know if there are elevators at the event?
wink_smile.gif
)

example http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=af30jOkqm4U
small town news

Yeah really who gets the discount, the family or the deceased? Oh and you know those pensioners trying to combine discounts..
In a similar vein, my 'oldies' station has been running a fairly non-stop ad for a senior's event next week. They start off with, 'What's the number one questions seniors are asking? When's the next Senior's Event!'
Yeah right. That's all that's on the minds of we old geezers. (Personally, I want to know if there are elevators at the event?
wink_smile.gif
)
And I thought the #1 Senior question was, "Where is the bathroom?"

Oh, good grief! That is sad......
No Senior discount here. The Seniors that I get could buy and sell us 10 times over. Seriously.....

Back