Serenade on a train

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Staff member
Reaction score
My brother & I got on a train in Schweinfurt to go to Nuremburg (they spell it Nurnburg with an umlout over the u) to a train museum. I was wearing my West Virginia t-shirt and I had my West Virginia rucksack. The train was full of students and as I alked past them to a seat, the train echoed with the strains of John Denver's Country Roads in English, every word of the song! It was cool!

gillumhouse said:
My brother & I got on a train in Schweinfurt to go to Nuremburg (they spell it Nurnburg with an umlout over the u) to a train museum. I was wearing my West Virginia t-shirt and I had my West Virginia rucksack. The train was full of students and as I alked past them to a seat, the train echoed with the strains of John Denver's Country Roads in English, every word of the song! It was cool!
That is AWESOME!!! You will remember that for the rest of your life!
heart.gif

absolutely AWSOME-love hearing that song specially were you least expect it.

What a great memory. Nice to know the kids don't dislike American tourists.

What a great memory. Nice to know the kids don't dislike American tourists..
I was surprised to discover MOST of the music on the radio (and the music played by the DJ at the beer garden) is the US music of my teens - in English! Bobby Darin, Bobby Rydell, the Sherrells, Presley, Supremes, and many I did not know the who did it but knew the songs. Heard It Through the Grapevine is playing at this moment!

Back