Seriously?

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banana

Reaction score
Just had a call from a woman who's first question was "I see your B&B was built in 1887. Has it been renovated since then?" I thought she was trying to be funny, so I giggled. She said nothing. I said "Oh, you are serious? Ok, well then, yes...it's been renovated several times in the last 123 years." She went on to ask other questions, so yes...she was serious. I so wanted to say "No ma'am..you'll still need to go outside to use the outhouse and we cook your breakfast over an open flame and don't mind the 96 degree room with no air conditioning." Come on! Geez...
help.gif

I really can not wait three more days for this vacation!

I have never seen you place but I am guessing it was not originally built to be a B&B so obviously it has been adapted DUH also you would not meet all the building codes etc if it hadn't how people that stupid manage is beyond me.

Banana said:
I so wanted to say "No ma'am..you'll still need to go outside to use the outhouse
I relate. Many times I must bite my tongue, as some guests do not have a sense of humor. I got grief for the web page on pet policy that prohibited "venomous reptiles", I guess because of the one-guest = one-policy approach at other inns people worried that it was a real problem here. Took it off ...

I really wouldn't have been insulted by that question. There are still some B&Bs out there in historic properties that do not have A/C, have detached and shared baths or baths that have not been updated, and have rooms with little sound proofing between other rooms. I think that can be a valid question for a guest who is looking for a comfortable stay. :)

We get people who call here to ask if we have electricity and indoor plumbing. Amish country, you know..
We have a very old village hall in front of us, I've had several people knock on the door and ask if their rooms are in there. I did say to one couple "You can sleep in the village hall if you like, but I'm sure you'll find our bedrooms much more comfortable".

We get people who call here to ask if we have electricity and indoor plumbing. Amish country, you know..
Aussie Innkeeper said:
We get people who call here to ask if we have electricity and indoor plumbing. Amish country, you know.
But do you have an electric toilet?
They outlawed "Sparky" in this State. Darn it!
gillumhouse said:
They outlawed "Sparky" in this State. Darn it!
An electric toilet for executions? Actually not a bad idea considering what happens when you die.

Back