Service Included

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Generic

Reaction score
I'm currently reading "Service Included" and I wanted to share one "tip" that I have read so far...
There is no need to say that you are allergic when you don’t like something. Not only are allergies very serious, but you have every right to your personal taste.
Okay, this is a $295 meal (service is included) but she's right, you don't like eggs, say you don't like egg. Don't tell me it's a deadly allergy.
I also loved this line....
...due to a serious allergy, the host requested there be no truffles on the menu, Patrick leaned over and whispered, “What percentage of the population even knows it’s allergic to truffles?”
I'm about 50% into the book, so still lots more to read.

I love setting the table by Danny Meyers though the first 60 pages about him eating and growing up are a bit dull the rest is excellent. Was also pleased that I was watching the new film Tower Heist and his restaurant the shake shake was in it! I was like I know that restaurant!"!!!!

I love setting the table by Danny Meyers though the first 60 pages about him eating and growing up are a bit dull the rest is excellent. Was also pleased that I was watching the new film Tower Heist and his restaurant the shake shake was in it! I was like I know that restaurant!"!!!!.
You mean the Shake Shack? I'm a big fan of SITE Enviro Design and they designed that building. See www.siteenvirodesign.com/proj.shake.shack.php

I love setting the table by Danny Meyers though the first 60 pages about him eating and growing up are a bit dull the rest is excellent. Was also pleased that I was watching the new film Tower Heist and his restaurant the shake shake was in it! I was like I know that restaurant!"!!!!.
You mean the Shake Shack? I'm a big fan of SITE Enviro Design and they designed that building. See www.siteenvirodesign.com/proj.shake.shack.php
Eric Arthur Blair said:
Love the living roof!!!!!

Eric Arthur Blair said:
Love the living roof!!!!!
this book tells you the thinking behind it etc and how they put money back into the park.

Does this count for dogs too. :) I just say I am allergy. I say that so I don't have to tell them I am so scared of dog I panic. I don't think people want to know that.

Thanks Eric! This just came in the mail today and I'm having a tough time tearing myself away (other than to answer the phone and check up on emails).

Thanks Eric! This just came in the mail today and I'm having a tough time tearing myself away (other than to answer the phone and check up on emails)..
The tips at the end are great as well. :)
I could live without the "fudgesicle" story, though.

Thanks Eric! This just came in the mail today and I'm having a tough time tearing myself away (other than to answer the phone and check up on emails)..
Yes! I really like the 'tips' because a lot of them apply to being a guest at a B&B.
Have not read that story. Don't give it away...

Yes! I really like the 'tips' because a lot of them apply to being a guest at a B&B.
Have not read that story. Don't give it away...
mine's in the post but they only had copies in the USA so will take a while to get to me!

Back