Service points

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had occasion to stay in many B&Bs over the past 5 years, most 3 rooms or less so I guess that's what you would term "Mom & Pop". They usually strike a pretty good balance between being accessible and leaving us alone.
As far as amenities and services go, we're low maintenance: good, nourishing breakfast served at a table; a different breakfast every day; queen bed, regular bath and/or shower. Good, large, thick towels. Don't need a tv, as long as they can tell me what to expect of the weather. Don't need evening turn down, but do want someone to make up the room in the morning. Don't need wine, chocolate dipped strawberries, etc. but do appreciate a natural soap and shampoo, and the owner having a stash for emergencies (i.e. toothbrush and the like).
Prices vary, but we'll spend more money for the following: space (a king instead of queen bed; a double-sized bath and/or shower; a private balcony or porch). Access to equipment (e.g. canoes, bicycles, BBQ). A picnic service. Shuttle service. And, as catlady mentioned above, the innkeeper's attitude encourages return visits!.
welcome.gif

I've had occasion to stay in many B&Bs over the past 5 years, most 3 rooms or less so I guess that's what you would term "Mom & Pop". They usually strike a pretty good balance between being accessible and leaving us alone.
As far as amenities and services go, we're low maintenance: good, nourishing breakfast served at a table; a different breakfast every day; queen bed, regular bath and/or shower. Good, large, thick towels. Don't need a tv, as long as they can tell me what to expect of the weather. Don't need evening turn down, but do want someone to make up the room in the morning. Don't need wine, chocolate dipped strawberries, etc. but do appreciate a natural soap and shampoo, and the owner having a stash for emergencies (i.e. toothbrush and the like).
Prices vary, but we'll spend more money for the following: space (a king instead of queen bed; a double-sized bath and/or shower; a private balcony or porch). Access to equipment (e.g. canoes, bicycles, BBQ). A picnic service. Shuttle service. And, as catlady mentioned above, the innkeeper's attitude encourages return visits!.
welcome.gif
Glad you're here!

Thanks for the welcome! I have to admit I am a long way from having a B&B (if ever), but it is something that has appealed for some time. I'm learning so much from reading posts here that would apply elsewhere anyway, that I don't think it's a loss even if I don't get to a B&B. Client service and balancing home invasion and privacy come to mind!

Back