Service quote for the day

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBloggs

Reaction score
To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. --Douglas Adams

'So long, and thanks for all the fish." -- Douglas Adams
teeth_smile.gif

I had the dolphins quote I was going to post then saw the service quote, which seemed to apply better, but I 'spose I better get that one on here too...finding all sorts of stuff in my big clean out today:
"For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much--the wheel, New York, wars and so on--while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man--for precisely the same reasons." --Douglas Adams

While I feel I always have the integrity I am struggling mightily with the "sincerity" portion this month. Maybe I just have no patience but people are just so DUMB. I'm tired of being their teacher/mother/travel agent. Blergh.

Rupie have you ever watched BBC comedy Black Adder? Rowan Atkinson plays personal assistant to the Prince George (Hugh Laurie) in the middle ages and often would say things like "Here you are Your High Ness You Bumbling Idiot" and smile and walk away. And The Prince would said "What? What was that Black Adder?" "I said, Enjoy your meal Your High Ness" "Oh yes yes" he would reply.
Click here for a youtube

Rupie have you ever watched BBC comedy Black Adder? Rowan Atkinson plays personal assistant to the Prince George (Hugh Laurie) in the middle ages and often would say things like "Here you are Your High Ness You Bumbling Idiot" and smile and walk away. And The Prince would said "What? What was that Black Adder?" "I said, Enjoy your meal Your High Ness" "Oh yes yes" he would reply.
Click here for a youtube.
Joey Bloggs said:
Click here for a youtube
Love the Black Adder/Monty Python/Faulty Towers and all British Comedy except for Benny Hill who I would like to slap for being an idiot....just sayin.

Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Having a rough day and nothing seems to be snapping me out of it. I'm enjoying the clips and have just cracked a smile for the first time today.

Click here for a youtube.
I cannot stand Black Adder. I don't know why. I've watched several different seasons of it where he's in different situations and I've just never liked it.

Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Having a rough day and nothing seems to be snapping me out of it. I'm enjoying the clips and have just cracked a smile for the first time today..
Rupert said:
Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Having a rough day and nothing seems to be snapping me out of it. I'm enjoying the clips and have just cracked a smile for the first time today.
Sorry to hear it hope yu feel better - tomorrow is a new day! One more for the road from A Bit of Fry and Laurie

Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Having a rough day and nothing seems to be snapping me out of it. I'm enjoying the clips and have just cracked a smile for the first time today..
Rupert said:
Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Sorry to hear it hope yu feel better - tomorrow is a new day! One more for the road from A Bit of Fry and Laurie
Also a bottle of chardonnay got opened and I"m miraculously finding my sense of humor again...

Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Rupert said:
Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Also a bottle of chardonnay got opened and I"m miraculously finding my sense of humor again...
Rupert said:
A little bottle of sangiovese here...

Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Rupert said:
Thanks Joey
regular_smile.gif
Rupert said:
A little bottle of sangiovese here...
Amen. I am raising my glass to my fellow innkeepers...you all rock! Thanks for always being there.
cheers.gif

In some ways I find this time of the year to be harder than the really busy season - the winding up after a restful week with no or few guests is difficult. I have to put my game face on, be ready to switch things up with last-minute reservations and walk-ins - all that stuff I haven't had to do for a few weeks. I'm happy for the business, so I don't mean to sound like an ingrate. It just is a little harder to get it in gear.

In some ways I find this time of the year to be harder than the really busy season - the winding up after a restful week with no or few guests is difficult. I have to put my game face on, be ready to switch things up with last-minute reservations and walk-ins - all that stuff I haven't had to do for a few weeks. I'm happy for the business, so I don't mean to sound like an ingrate. It just is a little harder to get it in gear..
You hit the nail on the head. Plus we really haven't had restful weeks as we've been working so hard on painting and cleaning, so we're tired and a bit stressed on top of that.
BUT...3.5 years in and the innkeepers have their OWN artwork hung in their living room on their freshly painted walls...no more looking at the PO's 30 nail holes in the walls! This is making me very happy,

After a marvelous dinner of grilled scallops courtesy of my City, I am about to go back to the room and settle in with a glass of zinfadel (manager's cocktails at the Embassy Suites). Now I know why my City Manager likes this hotel. She said there is a chef making the omelets and pancakes in the morning. They have an event for the National Guard here tonight - dress uniforms and evening gowns - so I am almost out of B & B biz cards as I tell them about the free Veteran's Day.
It has been so long since I was away on a Saturday, it took me a while to figure out why there was an hour and a half wait at the Outback AND Tidewater (pricey place), but we did not have to wait at The Chop House (most pricey).

In some ways I find this time of the year to be harder than the really busy season - the winding up after a restful week with no or few guests is difficult. I have to put my game face on, be ready to switch things up with last-minute reservations and walk-ins - all that stuff I haven't had to do for a few weeks. I'm happy for the business, so I don't mean to sound like an ingrate. It just is a little harder to get it in gear..
You hit the nail on the head. Plus we really haven't had restful weeks as we've been working so hard on painting and cleaning, so we're tired and a bit stressed on top of that.
BUT...3.5 years in and the innkeepers have their OWN artwork hung in their living room on their freshly painted walls...no more looking at the PO's 30 nail holes in the walls! This is making me very happy,
Rupert said:
Yes, after 7 years we are finally going to paint our own bedroom. It's not guest work but it's still not being on a beach somewhere.
P.S. I have sent you a few emails; did you get them? I have a sneaking suspicion they are in your spam folder or blocked by your ISP. Had a woman call today going to your town for the weekend then coming here. We should definitely get together to talk about a package...

Rupert said:
I was 5 years in before I got my bedroom done. Now, in year 6, I'm getting the living room/kitchen/dining room combo done!
And, yes, having your own artwork up means 'I'm home!'

Back