Service rules (or does it?)

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
93. seriously??? my guests' favorite music was swing ... old time radio songs of the 40's ... brass and all! even had older guests dancing around in the empty space, younger guests smiling and swaying. i'll play what i want that i think suits the group, the mood and the atmosphere. unless my guests seem not to like it, i'm not going to do away with BRASS.
94. to each his/her own. but i DID and DO play ENTIRE CD's of one artist. mostly i didn't, but sometimes i did. especially if i was given a cd by a local or a guest to play.
if the mood was ruined, i guess i never caught on
background music is in the background it isn't blaring. unless guests were really into it (like with the dancing days when i was asked to turn it up) it's hard for me to imagine that their breakfast was ruined.
but wait ... what about some kind of admonishment against RAP? can't stand it and i'd leave quickly if that was playing.

Wow what a list.
I think that customer Service in America is dwindling along with alot of respect for eachother. I was a server long long ago and it wasnt a "fine dining establishment" but I did well just because I had common sense and the company trained their servers well. Some of these rules go to far for my taste, might as well have robots serve at these "fine establishments" because alot of it is stiff and not of human origin. Not to say that at some places it does happen, but I would not like to dine and more than likely spend lots of $$$$ if I had some stiff person serving me in a restaurat and/or hotel or B & B. Maybe I've just been around the regular folks that come into my B & B or maybe I'm more of a regular folk type person, but some of these are way over the top for me.

Thanks for posting the second half! As a diner I really appreciate telling servers to keep an eye on all tables, not just your own. I HATE when your server disappears and someone else can clearly see you're looking for something but just walk on by.
I am an egg purist but having lived in Pittsburgh I would never deny anyone their Heinz who wants it! When we serve eggs I point out salt and pepper are on the table and ask if anyone cares for ketchup or hot sauce.

Thanks for posting the second half! As a diner I really appreciate telling servers to keep an eye on all tables, not just your own. I HATE when your server disappears and someone else can clearly see you're looking for something but just walk on by.
I am an egg purist but having lived in Pittsburgh I would never deny anyone their Heinz who wants it! When we serve eggs I point out salt and pepper are on the table and ask if anyone cares for ketchup or hot sauce..
I am an egg purist but having lived in Pittsburgh I would never deny anyone their Heinz who wants it!
That must explain it! I grew up an hour from Pittsburgh! NOW I know why Daddy & I wanted the ketchup for our eggs.

I am an egg purist but having lived in Pittsburgh I would never deny anyone their Heinz who wants it! When we serve eggs I point out salt and pepper are on the table and ask if anyone cares for ketchup or hot sauce..
I am an egg purist but having lived in Pittsburgh I would never deny anyone their Heinz who wants it!
That must explain it! I grew up an hour from Pittsburgh! NOW I know why Daddy & I wanted the ketchup for our eggs.
thumbs_up.gif
I think that's it! Can't resist it with the huge ketchup bottle sign that they have on their building. I love the new football stadium with the ketchup bottle lights that rotate when the Steelers score a touchdown.

I just remembered the name of the restaurant - Ed Debevic's

so interesting to me is this ...
''Again, this list is for one particular restaurant, mine, which is under construction
.... and will, with any luck, open this spring.''
these are do's and don'ts from the outside looking in ... from a place still under construction. i thought at least it had opened by now. it will be interesting to see how those intentions hold up.

Back