Set you teeth on edge BUT...

Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum

Help Support Bed & Breakfast / Short Term Rental Host Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillumhouse

Reaction score
My daughter had me ready to strangle her for lack of cooperation, but she does have her points. Actually, each of my kids has something they are very good at doing or enjoy doing or both.
This particular daughter REALLY enjoys gardening (the other 2 do also but not like this one). I said I wanted to have something blooming all year - right now it is only in the Spring. So she brought an assortment of plants with her from Iowa. This morning she removed the sod (for once the rain helped because it was soft) and put it where I wanted. At the back of the house because I have plans for the side yard in the Spring. Then I brought out the bricks we had stowed under the deck - she likes borders but so the mower can go over it.
Here is the almost finished flower garden 9I will have what I need for the rooms):
AlmostDone.JPG

Dear Eastern United States,
Please send us some of your rain. This draught and excessive heat are kicking our butts.
Sincerely,
The Great State of Texas

Please send us some of your rain. This draught and excessive heat are kicking our butts.
Sincerely,
The Great State of Texas.
Proud Texan said:
Sincerely,
The Great State of Texas
Would be happy to! We are a JUNGLE over here, it is unbelievable.

Sincerely,
Oh how we wish we could!!!! It feels like 40 days and 40 nights! If it does not rain during the day at some point in time, it rains during the night swelling up already full creeks and watering already soaked ground. Often it is a deluge for 10 minutes - enough to cause a flash flood.
I gave up and took my canopy down. the last rain had some wind with it and sheared off the pin on a center support. maybe next year. The stakes kept coming up with the winds and the rain-soaked ground and I was resetting it every other day. At least for next year, DH having now seen what I had in mind (one would think an ARTIST could visualize) will not be giving me grief with it.

We've got rain now in the PNW when it should be dry and sunny...thank's for sharing.

Sincerely,
Proud Texan said:
Sincerely,
The Great State of Texas
Oh... and don't forget us here in MO!! It's been too dry, too hot and too humid! :(

It is 5:30 AM and she just left. DH got up to see her off. I was going to just stay up after Chapel but gave up - got 3 hours sleep. We have guests in-house (got a one night one room rez for last night) so after DD left Himself goes and gets his cart from his room and rattles down the hall - clunk clunk from carpet to wood and back to carpet and back to wood on the way to the kitchen to make his breakfast. There he proceeds to rattle dishes. I sincerely hope guests cannot hear that. There is really no way for me to find out - even if I sleep there who will make noise? DH would never be up early enough for me to find out. At least he will be out of the kitchen by the time I need to start for guests. Breakfast at 8:30.

Back